Requirements | Download The WebDAV App | WebDAV Application Server Install Folder | Digital Assets Folder | Web Site Setup In IIS | WebDAVServerConfig Folder | WebDAVConfiguration.exe | Workamajig WebDAV Set Up Screen | Troubleshooting | Useful Tips | How Do I Get My Current Files On Workamajig Transferred | Sending An Issue To Support
These instructions only apply to companies who have their Workamajig instance hosted on one of Workamajig's application servers (i.e. app5.workamajig.com). Please make sure that you have reviewed all the requirements below before you start the install.
Please keep in mind we are always glad to assist you with the install via a web session, which can be scheduled by sending a request to email@example.com.
However, the requirements will have to be completed before scheduling.
- The Windows WebDAV instance must be run on a Windows R2 Standard Edition 2012 and on the server (it can be a virtual server). We do not support Windows Essentials Servers formerly known as Windows Small Business Servers.
- A URL that resolves both within your network and externally (this only applies if you are sending files, attachments, reviews, etc. outside your network or if you are on one of our app servers.)
- If you are using SSL it needs to be a valid cert (an SSL cert is necessary if you are using our app servers).
- The ability to hit your Workamajig site (app server or local hosted Workamajig Site).
- ASP.Net version 3.5 and 4.5.2 must be installed and registered on the web server (they should already be installed on 2012 R2 Servers and up).
- IIS Installed via the Server Manager Counsel using the following setup (please see screenshots)
From Dashboard, click on Manage>Add Roles and Features
Under Web Server (IIS) > Web Server>Common HTTP Features> Confirm that HTTP Errors and WebDAV Publishing are unchecked. If they are checked, go back to Remove Roles and Features to remove them. This will require a Server restart to continue with setup.
Under Web Server (IIS) > Web Server > Application Development> Confirm ASP.NET 3.5, ASP.NET 4.5, ISAPI Extensions and ISAPI Filters are checked and installed. If they are not installed, check them to install. This will require a Server restart to continue with setup.
Select the main group under Start Page and click on Edit Features Settings> Make sure the .net features are allowed.
NOTE: If you are using a file server you are responsible to establish the correct rights or communications between the two servers (see note in Windows WebDAV instructions via help guide).
NOTE: If you need to transfer data from our server, you MUST notify us that this will be needed. You will not be able to upload or modify any files, etc. during the transfer. You are still able to use the Workamajig site for other functions. Additionally, depending on the amount of data it may take several hours (days) to transfer the data to your server. Please see data transfer information in our Help Guide. Before any data can be transferred from our servers your WebDAV site must be installed and tested. Furthermore, your IT staff will need to include the Workamajig data into your existing backup strategy.
Download The WebDAV App
1. Go to http://admin.workamajig.com/install/ -
Download WebDAV64BitAppServerInstall.exe to your Desktop.
2. Extract the downloaded .exe file to the desktop.
3. Open WebDAV64BInstall folder>Prerequisites: Install both .exe files located in this folder.
vcredist_x64 - 2012.exe
Dot Net 452 Install (if not installed).exe
NOTE: You may already have these installed. Overwriting old installation should not cause any issues.
WebDAV Application Server Install Folder
Digital Assets Folder
4. Go to WebDAV64BInstall: Copy the WebDAVServerConfig Folder and the Digital Assets folder from the desktop to the drive of your choice (see note if using a separate file server).
5. Once the folder is moved to the new location, you will need to change the rights on the Digital Assets folder and add the ISUR account and make sure the permissions are set to modify.
NOTE: Please make sure that the Digital Assets Folder is not located inside the WebDAV Config Folder.
Select the Digital Assets folder: right-click > Properties>Security>Users: add and or change the IUSR permissions to Modify. Please make sure the ISUR rights have cascaded down to the Log and Temp folders.
NOTE ON LOGGING: If you are experiencing any upload, download, deliverable, review problems, etc. after you have completed the install please check the WebDAV logs. The WebDAV logs are automatically enabled and are located in the Log folder shown above.
Web Site Setup In IIS
6. Go to IIS and create your WorkamajigWebDav site. The URL setup for the website must be available to your Internal Network and Outside your network. You will then go to Advanced Settings and link the site to the "WMJ WebDAV" > WEbDAV64BInstall>WebDAVConfig folder. After the site is created go to the Application Pool and make the following changes (please see note if using a file server).
7. Please go to the Application Pool settings to set up your Application Pool associated with your Workamajig WebDAV Site. You will go to the ASP.NET v 4.5 Classic Pipeline Mode (or ASP.NET v4.0 Classic on a 2008 R2 Server)
Set up the following in the Advanced Settings screen:
Enable 32-bit Applications = FALSE
Managed Pipeline Mode = CLASSIC
Name = .NET v4.5 Classic or .NET v4.0 Classic
Identity = NetworkService ( see note if using a file server)
Failure Interval (Minutes) = 1
Maximum Failures = 9900
Regular Time Interval (minutes) = 240
8. Go to the ISAPI and the CGI Restrictions at the top level of IIS and make sure they are set to Allow.
You will now have to go to the WebDAVConfig folder to input and save your settings
9. Open the WebDAV64BInstall>WebDAVConfig folder > Right-click on WebDAVConfiguration.exe: select Run As Administrator.
NOTE: Once you have completed the setup, make sure the settings have been saved to the Web.config file, which is located in this same folder.
USING A FILE SERVER NOTE: If using a file server, you will have to add a local user (it can be a domain user) to the Workamajig WebDAV Server. Your website’s application pool Identity will need to be run as that user. The user needs to be a part of the IIS User Group and that user will need to be added to the file server. The WebDAV Config or GUI will need to be changed to a UNC path when linking to the file server (see Step 8 for WebDAV Config Setup). If you are having problems please send a request for assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org to go over the server right setup.
Workamajig WebDAV Set Up Screen
10. After you have enabled WebDAV, go to your Workamajig Instance and setup the Windows WebDAV setup screen.
Workamajig>Admin/Manager>System Setup>Account Information:Connections>WebDAV
Click WebDAV Servers +
From Server Details screen
Type = Workamajig
Server URL = enter the URL you set up in IIS (ex. https://files.myserver.com). NOTE: Make sure an SSL Certificate is associated with the URL.
Client Folder= ClientID (by default) NOTE: Ensure setting made in WebDavConfiguration match
Project Folder = ProjectNumber (by default) NOTE: Ensure setting made in WebDavConfiguration match
Click Save and click the X icon to close the screen
11. From the Connections screen, click on your server name
12. At bottom of Server Details screen, click Test Server Settings/Get Options
This test is testing the connection to the server. If the test is successful, click SAVE and close the screen.
13. You must set up Security Group-based access control.
14. Following the access control setup, open any project. Go to Files and test the upload/download and Link URL for the file.
NOTE: Currently we do NOT support the old Microsoft Indexing feature. Once we have an update we will inform you.
If you are having problems with the WebDAV Server install or if there are complications with the functionality going forward please see the troubleshooting steps.
Please make sure that all the requirements have been completed before you start the WebDAV install.
Make sure the network is set up properly and there have been no IP, network or firewall changes, etc. both prior to the install and throughout its use. Remember both your internal and external IP’s should be tied to a URL. Again SSL is needed for our application servers and a true cert is needed.
Please remember that WebDAV is an extension of HTTP protocols. The WebDAV server or File Upload component will not work properly if you are restricting, filtering or blocking specific HTTP web site practices related to WebDAV (specifically filtering out the verbs) E.g. URL scanning tools, firewall, certain server redirect or load balancers, etc.
If you are having any functionality problems please check the WebDAV connection located in the WebDAV setup screen. If there is a connection problem please contact your network administrator before sending a support issue to Workamajig. Typically this means that a routing or some other network change has been made.
If you decide that you want to change your naming convention, you will have to manually move the files to the new convention structure on the server hosting your WebDAV files or Digital Assets. If this is not done you will no longer be able to view, download files/attachments, etc. as they will be using the old convention.
If a problem occurs please remember to check the WebDAV logs in the WebDAV Digital Asset folder. Also, check for connection errors located in the WebDAV configuration screen in Workamajig.
Also remember to check with your network admin if you are having issues viewing, uploading, sending deliverables, approvals, etc. Your Workamajig security may have been changed by your admin or department head.
How Do I Get My Current Files On Workamajig Transferred
There are 3 methods we can use to transfer your files from our Workamajig server to you:
- FTP Access: (Preferred) Provide us with access to an FTP site. We will upload the files to this location to your system. The folder structure from Workamajig will be retained, so you need to only drop the Active, Attachments and Reviews folders into the main Workamajig folder.
- Dropbox: We will provide you with a Dropbox link to retrieve your files. You will then upload the folder into your S3 Bucket/Workamajig folder. The folder structure from Workamajig will be retained, so you need to only drop the Active, Attachments and Reviews folders into the main Workamajig folder. NOTE: the total size of your company zipped folder may make this method unavailable to use.
- Google Drive: Provide us with access to a Google drive login and we will transfer the files to this drive location. You will then upload the folder into the S3 Bucket/Workamajig folder. The folder structure from Workamajig will be retained, so you need to only drop the Active, Attachments and Reviews folders into the main Workamajig folder. NOTE: the total size of your company zipped folder may make this method unavailable to use.
NOTE: During the transfer process there can be no uploads or modifications to any files in any location in Workamajig. However, you can still view the files. Once the transfer of the files is confirmed we will delete them on our servers (we have a 30-day backup that we can restore if necessary).
Sending An Issue To Support
If all else fails please send a support issue to email@example.com. Please try to include the following:
The specific problem that is occurring, remember to include the project number(s), screenshots and the steps you are taking to produce the problem.
Is it happening on all browsers, types of hardware and are you on the latest flash and browser versions?
Our engineers will need access to your server hosting the WebDAV File Upload component (RDC access is always preferred).
Is it happening within your office and outside it, or just one or the other?
Are you on the latest WebDAV version (see WebDAV setup screen)?
Always check with your network admin before you send in a support ticket to see if there have been any network changes.