- Workamajig only needs one sign-on account to connect.
- Thumbnails are not supported when using box.com.if
- The "Archive" function does not work with Amazon S3. This should not be an issue as it would simply create a new folder in the main Bucket folder and name it Archive and place project folders within. So basically moving a folder from the C: drive to the C: drive to archive. It would be better if you backup the "active" folder that is used for project folder storage.
- Go to the AWS Management Console
- Select Services>>choose Storage: S3
- Create a Bucket
- Click on this link to find the appropriate region setting: Select Region
The region selected MUST support Signature Verification: Version 2. Some on the list support Version 4 Only, do NOT select these regions!
- Select the appropriate Region in the Create Bucket screen
- Enter a Bucket Name
NOTE: The Bucket Name must be unique across all Amazon S3 services. The Bucket Name should be a combination of your Company Name and Workamajig with a dash in-between. For example, agencyx-workamajig as the Bucket name.
- Click "Create"
- Once your Bucket is completed click on the bucket to open>> click Permissions tab> Click CORS Configuration
- Copy the following and paste to replace the existing CORS Configuration:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
- Click Save: this will save the COR Configuration setting. Confirm that the CORS configuration in Amazon matches the above
- Click on Overview tab>>click upload: select any file from your workstation to upload
- Click on the file to see details>> under Link: copy the "Server URL" section of the link for use in Workamajig
You will now create the login credentials needed to setup the connection with Workamajig.
- Click on your Login Name in upper right corner>>My Security Credentials
- Click Access keys (access key ID and secret access key) >> Create New Access Key
- Click "Continue to Security Credentials"
- Click "Show Access Key" or "Download Key File"
NOTE: If you do not download the key file, leave this screen open so you can copy/paste the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key into Workamajig
- Once your access keys have been created, sign in to your Workamajig account to continue with the setup process.
GO TO WEBDAV SETUP
- Open up the WebDAV setup page by going to the Workamajig Menu -> Admin/Manager -> System Setup -> Account Information -> Connections.
- Click WebDAV
- Click WebDAV Servers>> +
- From the Type drop down, choose Amazon.
- Paste the Server URL you copied from the S3 setup. Be aware that some of the regions require region-specific URLs. For example, if you are in the Ireland region (eu-west-1) you need to set up the URL as s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com.
- In the Root Path section: enter the Bucket Name you created in S3 setup
- Client Folder: select the appropriate Client folder: Default= Client ID
- Project Folder: select the appropriate Project folder: Default= Project Number
NOTE: Step 7 & 8 define how Workamajig will create folders in the Amazon bucket: The hierarchy of folders on Amazon is S3>BucketName>active>ClientID>ProjectNumber>project folders/files
- SAVE> Close the Server Details screen by clicking the X in the top right corner
- Click on the Server Name to reopen the screen
- Click on Enter Amazon Authentication Keys
- Toggle to the Amazon S3 Access key screen> Copy and paste the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
Verify The Setup
- Logout/in to Workamajig
- Open the WebDAV Setup screen to verify there are no issues.
- Open any project in Workamajig. Upload a file. Confirm that the file is invisible in your Amazon Bucket.
You can now log out of Amazon S3 and Workamajig, you have completed the setup. If you have any issues, please contact Workamajig via Support@Workamajig.com
How Do I Get My Current Files On Workamajig Transferred
There are 3 methods we can use to transfer your files from our Workamajig server to you:
- S3 Sync Tool: (Preferred) Provide us with the Bucket Name and keys to connect to S3 browser to your system. For further information, please see https://s3browser.com
- Dropbox: We will provide you with a Dropbox link to retrieve your files. You will then upload the folder into your S3 Bucket/Workamajig folder. The folder structure from Workamajig will be retained, so you need to only drop the Active, Attachments and Reviews folders into the main Workamajig folder. NOTE: the total size of your company zipped folder may make this method unavailable to use.
- Google Drive: Provide us with access to a Google drive login and we will transfer the files to this drive location. You will then upload the folder into the S3 Bucket/Workamajig folder. The folder structure from Workamajig will be retained, so you need to only drop the Active, Attachments and Reviews folders into the main Workamajig folder. NOTE: the total size of your company zipped folder may make this method unavailable to use.
NOTE: During the transfer process there can be no uploads or modifications to any files in any location in Workamajig. However, you can still view the files. Once the transfer of the files is confirmed we will delete them on our servers (we have a 30-day backup that we can restore if necessary).