Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team.
Scheduled Time: 1 hr
In order to ensure the effective use of your Implementation Team's time, prior to the call with your Workamajig Account Manager, your team should go through the Training Points contained in the Initial Setup Training guide. This will include videos and written materials to assist your team through a typical setup of the Workamajig system.
Please set up each member of the Implementation Team with an Employee record, and mark them as an Administrator. This allows each team member to work throughout Workamajig during the setup/implementation period.
By allowing your Implementation Team access to Workamajig prior to the call with your Workamajig Account Manager, your team will be able to discover and discuss items found during your initial setup. In this way, the Implementation Team and your Workamajig Account Manager can spend the call time dealing with the specific needs of your Team.
Why is this Important? Defining default settings to be used in each area of the system allow your agency to create a consistent flow of information into the system. Entering project information, client, vendors, billing, purchasing, and other system items in a predetermined way allows for better tracking and reporting of your client and agency health.
Here is a list of the main topics that will be covered in this session and available resources for you to explore before and after training:
- Basic Navigation
- Employee Setup
- Enter Clients, Vendors, and Contacts
To start off the call we will present to you how you navigate the Workamajig interface.
- Detail the Toolbar.
- Show the Menu navigation.
- Explain the purpose of Today screens.
From here we will cover how to Add New Employees to the system.
- Show the minimum steps to have a fully functional user in the system.
- This includes but not limited to name, email, login, password, and security group.
Enter Clients, Vendors, and Contacts
Depending on how many clients you plan on entering, we may discuss the process of importing those records. However, we will still show the way in which you enter one manually.
NOTE: Workamajig sees clients and vendors as companies.
- Show how to enter a client and vendor (we will make a Test Client and Test Vendor for training purposes).
- Show how to enter a contact who is associated with a client (we will create a Test Contact for training purposes).
- Review Client and Vendor defaults
NOTE: For MarComs we suggest making one parent company for the entire organization. This parent does not need to be a client. What it does is let you create a company for each division of your organization that will be setup as a client in Workamajig.
- Review the Employees Overview guide for navigation to and additional info.
- UserID, password, Security group.
- Provide the Login URL, UserID, and Password to staff.
- Ensure the CORE team has logged in and viewed their desktop.
Add Clients & Vendors
- Review the Client Setup and Vendor Setup guides for navigation to and additional info.
- Decide on a Client ID and Vendor ID methodology.
- Begin manual entry of at least a few Client and Vendor records. (If you have many clients and/or vendor records you can import but do a few manual entries to start with)
- Clean up Client and Vendor records from your current system so if you wish to import you have a updated list with current Contacts, address, etc.
Preview next session: Create Project Template.
- Use can use the Import Data section to assist with importing mass records.
NOTE: Its recommended you enter or import your Companies (Clients and Vendors) into Workamajig prior to your Contacts, so you can easily link the Contact to the corresponding Company on import.
Each Implementation Team member should know:
- Create a personal meeting
- Create a public meeting
- Adding attendees
- Understand Block Out option and how that affects scheduling
We will cover details about the Calendar and how it interacts with projects in a future session but if you wish to review now Read/Review: - The Calendar Way, Setup Company Holidays, and begin to review your other calendar connection options.