Attendees: Workamajig Implementation Team, Project Managers, Account Managers, select Production Staff
Scheduled Time: 1 hr
In the last session, you learned how to create a new project based on a template, add/remove project tasks, and how to enter a project estimate.
In this session, we will build upon this knowledge and look at Traffic Management and Tracking Time towards the Project.
Why is this important? By taking what you have applied up to this point, you can then take full advantage of all the Traffic/Resourcing features that Workamajig has to offer, such as forecasting your future assigned workload. Now, “assigned” doesn't necessarily mean people; it can also mean a Service that has yet to be assigned to a person. And you can assess what everyone is working on at any given time, adjust priorities, and assign/reassign work. So regardless of workflow style, there are ways to handle different needs, be it Waterfall, Agile, Due Date Focused, or even a combination of styles. In Workamajig, there is a way to handle it.
The Workamajig Implementation Team and Project Managers etc. should know:
- Add/Edit Project Tasks
- Add/Edit Assignments
- Track Tasks and Assignments
- Enter Time
- Scheduling Overview
- Task Schedule Constraints
- Staff Schedule Calculation
- Traffic Calendar
- Auto Allocate & Auto Assign
- Continue to solidify your project startup workflow, by creating a series of test projects based on each project type you have created.
- Work on creating Staff assignments.
- Work on Time entry workflow: enter time>submit for approval.
- Update AE/Project Manager Deployment Guide.
- Update Traffic Deployment Guide.
- Update appropriate Implementation Checklists.