Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team, Project Managers, Account Managers, Traffic Team.
Scheduled Time: 1 hr
A project intake workflow allows your team to efficiently process your project requests, and turn them into working projects. This session is designed to assist your team in developing a workflow that best fits your project team and their interaction with project requests, as well as, getting a project created, schedules firmed up, and budgets put in place
Why is this important? This session will highlight The Workamajig Way - the way to enter projects, estimates and assignments in to Workamajig with minimum effort, but maximum results. We will walk through the process of creating a project by copying from a template, creating an estimate based on the schedule and assignments, setting up the project team, and assigning users to tasks on the project.
The Workamajig Implementation Team and Project Managers etc. should know:
- Create New Project From Request Form/From Scratch.
- Edit New Project Settings and Schedule.
- Create Project Estimate/Budget.
CREATE A NEW PROJECT FROM A TEMPLATE
- We start with the now familiar New Project screen.
- This time we choose the option to copy from a template.
REVIEW PROJECT SETUP
- Once the new project has been created, we review the setup of the project.
- Verify the details such as client and contact.
- Then verify the accounting settings, such as billing method and get service rate from.
REVIEW PROJECT SCHEDULE
- Project Start and Due Dates
- Task Start and Due Dates
- Order in which tasks occur and their predecessors
- Task Assignments: Service > Allocated Hours > User
- Make project active
CREATE PROJECT ESTIMATE AND BUDGET
- New Estimate
- Pull From Schedule feature
- Printing Estimates and Layouts
- Approving Estimates
- Charge Order Estimates
- Multiple Estimates
- How approved estimates apply towards the project's budget
NOTE: Each organization is unique and has differences in terms of complexity and its use of projects in general. During your training with us, feel free to inquire about other ways of handling situations that fall into the norm, such as tracking overhead and vacation time.
- Continue to solidify your project startup workflow by creating a series of test projects based on each project type you have created.
- Update AE/Project Manager Deployment Guide.
- Update Traffic Deployment Guide.
- Update appropriate Implementation Checklists.
Remember, as your training and support team, we are here to help. If you have difficulty with your homework please email email@example.com. Your Account Manager or other Support Team member will assist you.