Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team, Project Managers, Traffic Team.
The use of project templates is a quick and efficient method for creating projects in Workamajig. A template allows you to set up specific workflows based upon the type of work you will be performing for your client. A typical template will include a schedule or timeline for major milestones/Tasks, an estimate, and Role based labor assignments for the Tasks.
Projects and templates are basically the same concepts. The major difference is that you will not designate a client and mark it in a couple of other areas to designate it as a Template in the system.
- Give the new template a name and override the project number (in this instance only).
- Review Setup of Project.
Once we have a template created, we can then focus on the schedule as this is the heart of Workamajig and where all data will track.
- Define what a task is and how to set it up for tracking of time.
- Add assignments to the tasks in order to allocate time and service as a placeholder.
- Link tasks together via the predecessor option.
- Review default project templates in Workamajig.
- Create a project template for each project type needed by your agency.
- Update AE/Project Manager Deployment Guide.
- Update appropriate Implementation Checklists.
NOTE: In the beginning, please keep your templates simple. This will allow you to easily introduce the system to all staff, give you the ability to see how time and expenses flow through the project, how traffic is accomplished, and what the best practices for Project Management are. As you become more comfortable with Workamajig, you can increase the complexity of the project timeline.
Remember, as your training and support team, we are here to help. If you have difficulty with your homework please email email@example.com. Your Account Manager or other Support Team member will assist you.