There may come a time where you want to purge multiple records from your system. This guide gives you the steps on how this can be done.
Typically, this relates to a new client who is doing test importing Client and Contact records, and wants to mass remove the records, so they can import them again fresh.
Another scenario may be that when using Leads, you have gathered up a mass of Lead records that you want removed, this applies as well.
Keep in mind that you cannot delete records that have transactions linked to them.
- Referring to the Folders guide for all related functions.
- Create a "Trash" Folder. This can be done in Leads, Contact, and Companies.
- Run the related report View and then check all records you wish to include for deletion.
- Using the Update Fields options, choose the "Trash" Folder you created. Save.
- Verify that the records are in the "Trash " Folder, and that it's the only selected folder.
- Navigate to the related Page, not the Views.
- Click on More > Manage Folders.
- Click on the Trashcan next to the "Trash" Folder.