Prior to contacting Support, please ensure the latest version of Adobe Flash and Reader have been installed correctly for your browser, as this may fix the issue you are having. We also recommend you uninstall all old version(s), reboot your machine, then install the latest version from scratch.
Platinum / HTML5
Workamajig's Platinum interface is designed in HTML5 to take advantage of the latest Operating Systems and Browsers capabilities. So it is highly recommended that you ensure your OS and Browser are up to date, or you could experience issues. We currently support Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge with the latest versions of the Mac and Windows OS. NOTE: Edge is Windows 10 only. Most browsers have an auto-update feature. We recommend you enable this to keep them up to date.
- We do NOT support Old versions of Browsers or OSs. If you encounter any issues, please update to the current version. We only maintain one version of our application and ensure it works with the current browser versions only.
- Internet Explorer (IE) has been deprecated and has been replaced by Edge. So support is very limited on compatibility with Platinum and IE11.
- We do NOT support Beta versions of browsers. We cannot guarantee compatibility as software changes during Beta before the final release. As such, we are unable to support issues relating to any browser that is using a Beta version.
- Workamajig, and more importantly HTML5, is designed to be run in a secure environment (HTTPS with an SSL certificate). If you use your own file server, it should be secure with an SSL certificate and able to be reached with an HTTPS URL.
Reset the application
If you feel there is an issue with the application, we added a way to ensure you can clear your login credentials and preferences back to what they should be.
To do this, simply add "&reset" to the end of the current Workamajig URL and Go.
For example, if you are on that page "https://app11.workamajig.com/platinum/?aid=today.creative", then by adding "&reset" to the end, your URL should look like this "https://app11.workamajig.com/platinum/?aid=today.creative&reset".
Once completed successfully, you will then be required to log back in.
If you continue to experience issues with the Interface, then please send an email to email@example.com with a description of your issue and please note your OS and Browser version.
Classic / Adobe Flash
Workamajig's Classic interface utilizes a Flash interface within a browser. Please note that we are no longer updating the Classic interface with Enhancements, so we highly recommend you start migrating to the Platinum interface to see all the new bells and whistles that Workamajig offers. We currently have no hard date of when we will sunset the Classic interface, as we are leaving that up to the Browser makers to determine.
To download the latest version of Flash, please use the following link(s):
CHROME AND FLASH
Older versions of the Google Chrome browser used Google's proprietary version of Flash called PepperFlash that came pre-installed as part of the browser. You may find that disabling their plugin and using the native Adobe Flash will help it run faster.
In Chrome, go to the URL of "Chrome://plugins". Then disable any version of "PepperFlash". This allows you to install manually and use the latest version of Adobe Flash. You can also find detailed instructions on how to do this by doing a web search for "how to disable pepperflash".
NOTE: Starting in version 57 of Chrome, "Chrome://plugins" no longer works. Now you have to go to "chrome://settings/content" to enable Flash.
FIREFOX AND FLASH
In the latest version of Firefox, Flash is disabled in a way that may make the Classic interface seem buggy. To alleviate this issue, please type in the URL "about: addons" and then click on Plugins. From here uncheck the two options. Then close and restart the browser.
SAFARI AND FLASH
If you are having issues getting Flash to work in Safari, then please try the following:
With Safari open, click on the Safari menu drop-down, then choose Preferences.
From the Preferences window, click on the Security tab, then click on Plug-in Settings.
Click on Adobe Flash Player and make sure that it is set to Allow for your Workamajig sever.
PDF / Adobe Reader
Many of the latest browsers now have their own built-in PDF reader. While these can work in most situations, we highly recommend you disable the built-in versions in favor of Adobes true PDF Reader. Especially if you are having issues with check printing, sizing or performance issues.
For more on the topic of enabling the Adobe Reader version only, please review the following link:
To download the latest version of Adobe Reader, please use the following link(s):
If you find the browser is sluggish, this may be caused by the amount of memory the browser is set to use.
- Ask your IT person to increase the # of MB allocated for file storage. This is generally found in the browser Options/Preferences area.
- You may also need to increase the amount of RAM for your computer.
Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies
It is good behavior to regularly clear your browser Cache. Some browsers allow this to be cleared on shutdown/startup.
You can also set how Cookies are stored on your browser. Since cookies are site specific, you may want to go into your browsers advanced settings to clear the cookies for your Workamajig Login URL only.
When you go to your servers URL, the Workamajig framework is then fed into your browser's cache and cookies. Even with the best programming, sometimes the browser wins and does not reload the new framework as new features and hot-fixes are applied.
So if you start to experience any issues with the interface, we recommend you do the following to clear your browser's cache:
- On Windows, From Wrench icon,> Options > Under the Hood:Privacy: click Clear Browsing data: select Empty the Cache > Clear Browsing Data.
- On Mac, From Chrome > Clear Browsing Data: select Empty the Cache > Clear browsing data.
- On Windows, From Tools > Options > Privacy > Clear Recent History:select Time Range to clear:All > Clear Now.
- On Mac, From Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Clear History when Firefox closes:Settings > select Cache > OK.
- On Windows, From Gear Icon in upper right corner > Reset Safari > select Empty the cache: Reset.
- On Mac, From Safari > Clear History and Website Data > (Clear = all history) > Clear History.
- On Windows 10, From *** > Settings > Clear Browsing Data > Choose what to clear > Make sure at least "Cached data and files" is checked > Clear.
Most browsers have built-in Popup Blockers that can interfere with Workamajig's typical operation (such as Printing, Downloading/Saving Files, Viewing certain slide-out panels or pages, etc). We ask that you please disable any Popup Blockers, or at least make an exception for the URL of your Workamajig account.
Other applications like McAfee, Norton, or Search Bar applications may also have their own separate pop-up blocker settings.
- On a PC, From Wrench icon>Options>Under the Hood:Privacy: click Content Settings>select Pop-ups from the Feature list on the left>select Allow all sites to show pop-up or click on Exceptions.
- On a Mac, From Chrome>Preferences>Under the Hood:Privacy: click Content Settings>select Pop-ups from the Feature list on the left>select Allow all sites to show pop-up or click on Exceptions.
- On a PC, From Tools > Options > Content > Uncheck Block pop-up windows or click on Exceptions to add website.
- On a Mac, From Firefox > Preferences > Content > Uncheck Block pop-up windows or click on Exceptions to add website.
- On a PC, From Gear Icon in the upper right corner> select Block Pop-Up Windows to remove the checkmark.
- On a Mac, From Safari>select Preferences>Security> uncheck Block Pop-Up.
NOTE: Safari does not allow you to whitelist sites. The pop-up blocker function is either On or Off.
- From *** > Advanced Settings > Block pop-ups, tap to slide On or Off.
Printing And Adobe PDF
Most browsers now have their own built-in plugin to view PDF files. However, we design our PDF writer using the true Adobe Reader/Acrobat as our base.
All but Safari can have their built-in PDF Readers disabled in favor of Adobes. In Safari, you have to open it using its reader, then you can right-click on it to get the option to open or download using the true installed Adobe Reader.
Printing in Workamajig is done by creating a PDF file. You will then click the Print button within the Adobe Reader (not the browser) to send the file to your designated printer.
If you do not see a popup window with the PDF, make sure popup blockers are turned off.
If you see the popup window but the screen remains blank, make sure that your browser has a program associated with opening PDF files. Find any PDF file, right-click>select Open With and search for your PDF reader software. Also, check the "Always Open with this Program" box.
If the print out does not fit correctly on the paper, this is usually due to the print scaling selection that is set by default by the PDF reader software. When you click on the Print icon from the PDF, a print dialog box will appear. Make sure the following settings are selected:
- Print Range= ALL
- Page Scaling = NONE
- Auto-Rotate and Center = UNCHECK
Printing in Google Chrome: Google Chrome has a built-in PDF viewer enabled by default. When you print in Workamajig, the file opens directly in your browser window. The printer selection box may not allow you to set the Print Scaling nor Auto Rotate settings. If this is the case, you should disable this function. To disable the built-in viewer, enter about: plugins in the address bar and click Disable underneath the entry for “Chrome PDF Viewer.” The Adobe Reader plug-in will automatically be enabled if you have it installed.
Also, see our more detailed guide on best practices for Printing/Emailing Invoices.
Avoid using certain special characters (i.e. "!@#$*&) for Filenames and ID Fields. The reason for this is that many of these characters are reserved in other application languages and can cause problems. Underscores and dashes (NOT long dash) in the file name are acceptable.
We recommend you refrain from using these types of characters in prominent fields such as ID's for project numbers, clients and vendors, etc. Also if you use custom reports and create custom calculations, it may not return the results expected, and in some case none at all.
Similar to Pop-Ups, each Browser and OS handle the ability to download/upload files differently. Especially with the option to download multiple files at once. There is not much the application can control here, unfortunately. So user experience may vary. You can upload files by simply dragging the file onto the UI when you have the Project Files or a Conversation Post open.