What are the Workamajig Services?
The WMJ Services are applications that support specific core functions for your Workamajig instance. Our services operate in the background on the web server hosting Workamajig. The services run on a schedule generally every 5 to 15 minutes depending on the service. Some of the functions the Workamajig services are responsible for include auto updates, reverse journal entries, imports, etc.
List Of Standard Workamajig Services
Starting, Stopping And Installing The WMJ Services
The WMJ services are installed, started and stopped via the WMJServiceConfig.exe which is located in the Workamajig Task Manager folder.
If the WMJ Services are stalled or stuck in the “Starting” mode please use the Windows Task Manager to stop and start them.
Note: You can open the Windows Task Manager using any of the following methods:
Right-click an empty area of the taskbar, and then click Task Manager.
Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and then click Task Manager.
If your WMJ Services are not starting or functioning properly please check the following:
- Please make sure the service(s) are installed and/or have not been disabled via the Services Windows Management Console (services.msc).
If your SMTP Server (email) is not connecting or connecting intermittently the Workamajig services will stall or not start. You can check the SMTP connection via the WMJSeviceConfig.exe (see Server Mail Settings). It is best to test the SMTP server by sending yourself an email via the “Send Test “email function in order to determine the connection.
NOTE: Workamajig is not responsible for the setup, maintenance or connectivity of your SMTP Server. If there is an issue please review the error in order to resolve the issue.
- If the Workamajig database is having intermittent connection problems the WMJ Services may stall and need to be restarted. If the SQL service is stopped or not connected, the services and your Workamajig Instance will fail to start.
- If there are rights issues such as the services were installed under a different user (typically a non-admin user), the services may stall (or can’t be started). This typically happens after a server restart. If this is the case you may need to stop and reinstall the WMJServices logged in as the correct user.
- If a specific WMJ service is not displaying in the Windows Services Console you may need to install it by using a command-line utility called InstallUtil.exe. In most cases, the service in question is the WMJUpdateManager which is responsible for your auto updates or releases.
NOTE: In order to resolve this please use the Command Prompt to install WMJ Service. Once that is completed please go to admin.workamajig.com/install and download the FixAutoUpdates.zip and extract>copy>and replace the files in the Task Manager folder. Please make sure all the WMJ Services are stopped when replacing the files and are restarted once you have replaced the files.
Command Line Instructions:
- If you have migrated your Workamajig install folders to a new drive or server and there is an issue with the WMJ services, please check that the path to the executable (which is in the Workamajig Task Manager folder) is correct.
- If you want to see if the services are functioning properly you can always enable the Workamajig Task Manager Logging.
- Verify your Workamajig Install folders and/or database are not out of sync, or you are not on the latest Workamajig release. To view the Release Notes and Application Versions please go to the Workamajig desktop>click on name in top right corner. Release notes are available by clicking ...more>Release Notes.