Task Manager - Manual Server Update
Manual Update-Single Release | Manual Update-Multiple Releases | Download update file
In order to install your updates manually, you will need to go the WMJInstaller.exe, which is located in the Workamajig Task Manager Folder of your server.
NOTE: Make sure to run the "WMJInstaller.exe" application using an Administrator account on that server.
We highly recommend that you perform updates monthly or set the WMJInstaller.exe to automatically install the updates.
How To Manually Update Your Workamajig Server
Installing a Single Update
- Please go to the WMJInstaller.exe, which is located in the Workamajig Task Manager Folder. Please remember to right click and run as the administrator
- From Site Settings Tab: Click Releases
To install a release you will have to do the following:
- Click on Get Latest Releases and wait until the releases have been downloaded.
- You will then put your cursor on the very next release that needs to be installed (there will be no date in the field) and click Install Selected Release.
- When the release has been installed you will receive a message that your release has been installed successfully.
How to install multiple releases
When installing an update you will notice 3 separate items that are typically updated. The Workamajig Data Base, Web, and Task Manager Folders. Within the Task Manager Folder, you will see the Workamajig Update Folder in which the updated files, etc. are placed.
Therefore in order for multiple releases to be installed the contents of the update folder must be moved to the Task Manager Folder before the release is installed. This can be done by following 1 of the following procedures:
- The standard procedure when a release goes in successfully is that the WMJMonitorService.exe (which starts every 5 minutes) will automatically move the contents of the Task Manager/Update Folder to the Task Manager folder. If there are contents in the update folder you will not be able to update to the next release. Therefore you must wait for the service to move the contents from the Update Folder to the Task Manager Folder before applying the next release.
- You can manually move the contents of the Task Manager Update Folder to the Task Manager Folder. In order to do this you must do the following:
- Shutdown all the Workamajig Services via the WMJServiceConfig.exe (the WMJMonitorService.exe must be started and stopped manually).
- Cut the contents within the Workamajig Update Folder and place it in the Workamajig Task Manager Folder.
- Once you have completed the updates please remember to restart the Workamajig Services (if you want to understand more about restarting the services please refer to our Help Guide Server Services.
We highly recommend that you perform these update monthly or set the WMJInstaller.exe to automatically install the updates.
- If the release installation returns an error, clear the "Installed Date" for the release. Click Get The Latest Releases and try the install again.
- If after following the above steps you still receive an error, please send an email to email@example.com. Please provide details of the release version you were trying to install.
- If there is a file in the update folder you will need to manually move it to the task manager folder or the update will roll back.
We suggest that you perform updates on a monthly basis. If you find that you have more than 4 releases to update, please contact Support to confirm that there is no known issues with moving up to the latest version.
How To Manually Download Update Files
For our internal users who have no access externally or outside their network you can go to our download site to import you updates or releases to Workamajig. Please follow these steps.
Go to the following URL http://admin.workamajig.com/releases
- User Name: cmuser
- Password: release
- You should then create an update/release folder in the Workamajig Task Manager folder or on your Workamajig Web Server in the drive of your choice. You will place the imported updates in the update/release folder so you can import the updates via the WMJInstaller.exe.
You will then need to do the following
- Import the release from your update or release folder
- Put your cursor on the release you want to install
- Repeat if you are installing multiple releases
NOTE: Remember that all files need to be brought down from the update folder located in the Task Manager folder before you can install the next release. Therefore you will need to cut and paste from the update folder to the task manager folder if you are installing multiple releases. You should stop all the WMJ Services while you are updating the releases.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any issues with this application.