Task Manager - Test Server Updates
Updating Test Server With Production Server Data
In order to update your test instance using production data, you must do the following:
- Make a back up of your production database (http://www.serverintellect.com/support/sqlserver/database-backup-ssmse.aspx)
- Then restore it to your test instance (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177429%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx)
If you are planning on updating your test instance you must then install the latest updates.
- In order to install your updates manually, you will need to go the WMJInstaller.exe, which is located in the Workamajig Task Manager Folder. Your test instance may be on a standalone server or located on the same server as your production Instance.
- Stand Alone:
- Test and production on the same server:
When you are ready to install your updates you will have to do the following:
- Click on Get Latest Releases and wait until the releases have been downloaded.
- You will then put your cursor on the very next release that needs to be installed (there will be no date in the field) and click Install Selected Release.
- When the release has been installed you will receive a message that your release has been installed successfully. If need to install another release just repeat the process.
- If the release errors out you can clear the selected date and Get The Latest Releases and try to install again. if the update errors out again try to clear the date and install the previous update, remember to get the latest releases again. If there is still an issue please send an email to email@example.com.
- If there is a file in the update folder you will need to manually move it to the task manager folder or the update will roll back.
- We suggest you apply the updates monthly.
Note: If this was not done in the initial setup, you will need to make the following change to your WebDAVaaa server in the web config. This only should be done in the test instance and only needs to be done once.