If you experience issues with using Workamajig, this guide will guide will offer a few tips and suggestions for you to investigate why your issue is occurring.
You can also send us a log of the transfer time that can be tracked.
- High Volume of SQL server traffic. Such as month-end financial reporting.
- VPN connection or other local network configurations that limit data streams to the internet.
- Not using the latest OS, Browser, and Flash.
- Network issues. This is a wide subject as there are local networks that you IT folks manage, but there are also national internet backbone connections that can have issues as well.
- Not enough RAM in your computer.
- Running too many background applications on your computer.
- Network Card in the computer is faulty.
Questions For You And Your IT
- What Operating System are you using? Which version?
- What type of hardware are you using? I.e. Network Card Manufacturer, card version, driver version?
- Does it happen on all browsers? Chrome, FireFox, IE, Safari, Etc?
- Does it happen out of the office? Using the same or different computer at home and through a different network not using a VPN.
- Is it happening to everyone? All computers and browsers in the network?
- Are you running large reports when it is happening? Do you click screen or refresh on a specific report, if so which?
- Type of SQL server? Are you using the free version of SQL? If you are hosting your own server?
- Have you made any network changes? Ask IT if there were changes to the local network routing or firewalls?
Sending Transfer Time Logs To Support
We can assist further in diagnosing where the delays are occurring if you send us the log data that capture this. Once you copy this log data, send it in an email to email@example.com.
Follow these steps to capture the logging data.
- Log exactly what you were doing at the time of the slowness or delay (did a button or action trigger the delay).
- Right-click anywhere on your Workamajig screen.
- Click on About Workamajig
- Double-click on the Workamajig Face
- Click on Logging (at the top)
- Check the boxes - Tracing and Server Calls
- Minimize the About Workamajig screen, but do not close it.
- Now, go to wherever you were in the system that was slow and try to open that screen and perform your normal actions.
- When that is done, go back to the log and click the Copy button at the bottom and paste that in an email to us.
What we're looking at is the difference between the Transfer time and the Server call. If it is transfer time, it is the internet connection, but if it is the server call, then we can check the SQL server and possibly make some suggestions. Or, if both are really short times, and it still takes a long time to load, send us a screenshot of the parameters of the report or listing you are running and it may be that we're asking the system to pull up too many records.