In-House - Collaboration Training
Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team, Project Managers, Account Managers, select Production Staff
Scheduled Time: 1 hr
Workamajig has a number of features that allows your team to communicate with each other at the Project level, task level, and outside the project.
The Workamajig Implementation Team and Project Managers etc. should know:
- Add/Edit Project Diary Notes
- Add/Edit/Complete To-Do items
- Add/Edit/Complete Activities
- Add/Edit Calendar Events
- Manage Project Files
- Manage Project Deliverables
NOTE: In order for many of the items in this area to function properly, your IT Department will have some setup duties to perform.
The project diary is used to communicate with the project team members at the Project level.
The diary post allows you to include specific project team members and non-team members on the thread. You are able to respond to diary posts via the project diary screen or via email.
PROJECT AND TASK LEVEL TO-DOS
The To-Do was designed to be a checklist of items at the Project and/or Task level that can be assigned to a specific person or left open to all assigned.
There is no date associated with the to-do, other than what is derived from the task. You are able to set up email notifications that will allow communication at the task level, much like the project diary.
A Deliverable is designed to allow your team to upload a file and route this file for changes and approval. The deliverable can be routed internally, then released to a client. However, it is recommended that you keep these separate to prevent internal comments from being exposed to the client.
We will be releasing a new framework soon for IE 10 and IE11.
An Activity has been designed to perform various functions depending on the location. For the Sales team, it will function as a way to take notes for calls, and create future things to do. For the Project Team, it can function as part of the diary, or as an assigned task level to-do.
Calendar events are used to track meetings in Workamajig. An event can be tracked to a client and project. If connected to a project, it will be displayed in the Project Diary.
The Files area allows you to upload files of any format to the Project. The files may be separated into different predefined folders and security rights associated with the file and folder in order to allow/prevent changes. Links to files can be sent to clients for direct access to the file. They may also be attached to a Deliverable, currently only available for PDF, JPG, GIF, BMP, and certain video formats, for better content control. If using WebDAV storage, you may also be able to have a desktop link to your project files, for quick and easy file transfers.
- Set up the default folder structure in Templates, and setup folder/file security rights.
- Ask IT to set up Mailbox for Diary, create diary post, and confirm Employee default settings for the diary.
- Add appropriate To-Dos to project templates and tasks, and confirm Employee default settings for To-do.
- Confirm that the correct email address is set up on client and employee records. Practice sending Deliverable.
- Update AE/Project Manager Deployment Guide.
- Update Traffic Deployment Guide.
- Update Creative/Production Deployment Guide.
- Update AP/Purchasing Deployment Guide.
- Update All Staff Deployment Guide.
- Update appropriate Implementation Checklists.
- coming soon
Remember, as your training and support team, we are here to help. If you have difficulty with your homework please email email@example.com. Your Account Manager or other Support Team member will assist you.