In-House Training: Project Go Live Checklist
Why is this important? A pre-flight check to go over any questions or clarifications will ensure a successful deployment of Workamajig. This also includes a Post Go-Live call to catch any issues arising from the go-live and make fine tune adjustments as your entire team moves forward with Workamajig.
While the system comes set up with various defaults, here are some specific sections you may want to check so that your system is defined by your process and terminology.
- Ensure your items are defined. These are comprised of your Services and Expenses.
- Check your Project Status Codes and Billing Status Codes.
- Define your Project Types.
- Define your Project Templates for each workflow you perform.
NOTE: In some cases, you might make two templates for a similar workflow that have the same work being performed, yet the timing of the tasks is vastly different. It makes sense to create two separate templates in an effort to save yourself from changing the data after creating the project.
- Create existing projects by copying from your defined templates.
- Enter an Actual Complete Date on all tasks that were completed prior to Workamajig, but leave the current task forward open.
- Create and approve estimates for all projects, by pulling from the schedule and entering the expenses.
- Use the Staff Schedule, Assignment Review, and Traffic Calendar screens to view workload and assign anything that is not assigned.
- Change the project status to Production (the only active status by default). This will make the project appear in all widgets (My Task, Active Projects, Etc) and any active filtered report.
- Assigned users now see their work appear in the My Task widget, sorted by the due date by default.
- Have all users enter time using the My Tasks and Today's Time widgets.
- Check tasks that are done when they have completed their assignment.
- After you have done all this, you are able to view all the time entered against the project from the budget view on the project itself.