Deactivate employee [in-depth guide]
Guide contents: Steps to deactivate employee | Check activation status regularly | Resources
This guide takes you through the administrative steps of deactivating an employee in your Workamajig account. If the user has outstanding actions that have been sent to them for approval, organizer of public meetings, etc., then please check out the Employee offboarding [in-depth guide] for more info before deactivating this user account.
NOTE: We DO NOT recommend you rename an existing employee record with the name of a new hire. This will cause a loss of data integrity as all historical records will now show the new hire's name.
NOTE: Once any transaction has been associated with an employee, you cannot delete the employee record.
NOTE: Blanking out the User ID from Login settings automatically removes the user from being an active paid user. And while they cannot log in, they will still appear as an active user in the system for reporting purposes.
Steps to deactivate employee
1. Review the user's employee record
- Ensure the name, address, and any other notes about the employee are up to date.
2. Offboard any and all open action items
- You can refer to the Employee offboarding [in-depth guide] for more info on this process.
- Alternatively, if you are an Admin, you can reset that user's password to then log in as them. Then check out what items are still open and showing in their Notifications bell, Today creatives, Etc., and address as needed. Use other report views and features to update their task assignments and client defaults. All of which can be handled via the Offboard feature.
- Keep in mind that if this user was the organizer of a public calendar meeting, that it will disappear if the user is made inactive. So either change the organizer or use the Offboard feature.
3. Sync: remove the calendar sync options, if applicable
- Exchange: remove User ID and change Sync options to DO NOT SYNC
- Google: Revoke connection
4. Inactivate login
Before this step, ensure you do not need to log in as this user for any administrative purposes, such as verifying the Notifications bell or any assigned tasks.
- From the user's employee record, click on Security controls to open the following options.
- All that needs to be done so this login no longer works, nor is a paid user in the system, is to uncheck the Active box and press Save.
- We do, however, recommend you reset the password to something else in case you accidentally activate the record once more or need to leave the record active while you finish your administrative processes.
- Alternatively, you can leave the record Active, minus the ability to log in as them by simply blanking out the User ID. This will let you report on the user as an active user, but since you cannot log in as them, they will not be a paid user.
- To further ensure no one can log in as this user, blank out the User ID, change the Password, uncheck Active, and check Locked.
6. The employee has now been deactivated
The employee's name will still be available for historical custom reporting purposes. However, you cannot select them as a user to assign to new projects and tasks, etc.
Check activation status regularly
If you have turnaround within the organization, or you want to be sure of which users are live paid users currently in the system, then navigate to System setup > Activation status.
Employee offboarding [in-depth guide]