In Workamajig, a vendor is a company record that is also set up as a vendor, similar to how a company can be a client. This enables the use of vendor invoices, purchase orders, credit card charges, & payment processing.
Create new vendor
There are several ways to create a new vendor record. Here are a few of the ways.
From Menu > Purchasing > Vendors.
From Menu > Purchasing > Today purchasing.
Fill out the form. At a minimum, you will need to populate the 'vendor name' and 'vendor ID' fields.
Go to the Vendor setup below for the next steps.
Convert to vendor
From an existing Company record.
At a minimum, you will then need to populate the 'vendor ID' field.
Go to the Vendor Setup below for next steps.
From this part of the setup, you can edit the basic company info, see history, & add additional addresses.
The Edit panel for company info will let you add/update fields like 'company name' & 'phone number'.
If you want to learn more about company records, check out the Salesperson > Companies [guide].
- Company name - The name of this company/vendor that will be used throughout the system.
Vendor ID - The unique system identifier used throughout the system.
Note: This should be alpha-numeric only. No special characters are allowed.
- Overhead vendor - Makes it so all transactions (i.e. credit card charges, vendor invoices) entered for this vendor cannot be billed to a client, thus only get tracked as overhead when calculating company profitability.
- On hold - When checked, the system will prevent their invoices from appearing in the "Select invoices for payment" screen so you don't accidentally pay any of their vendor invoices.
- Downloaded - Can be used to filter out for reporting purposes.
- Main phone - Once inputted, this can be tapped from a mobile device to call.
- Fax - To note if the company has a separate Fax line.
- Web site - Once inputted, this can be tapped to open up their website.
- Terms days - (typically left blank) The days in which the vendor can get a discount for paying sooner.
- Terms % - (typically left blank) If using 'term days' above, then you can populate the percent of the discount offered.
- Terms net - Days due for the payment from the vendor.
- Sales tax 1 - (we recommend you leave this blank, most will not have taxes applied to vendors) Choose from the preset list of sales tax rates.
- Sales tax 2 - (we recommend you leave this blank, most will not have taxes applied to vendors) Choose from the preset list of sales tax rates.
- Check memo - Populates this data into the 'check memo' field on all new payments for this vendor.
- Approver - This will override the default vendor invoice approver set in transaction preferences.
- Expense account - (we recommend you leave this blank) This will override the default expense account in GL tracking options for this one vendor.
- AP account - (we recommend you leave this blank) This will override the default AP account in GL tracking options for this one vendor.
- Currency - Only appears if you have multi-currency setup.
- PO default standard header text - Adds a default order header standard text for this vendor when using/printing purchase orders.
- PO default standard footer text - Adds a default order footer standard text for this vendor when using/printing purchase orders.
- 1099 form - In the 1099 form drop-down, select a value. 'Misc' & 'Int' will then show the Box field.
- 1099 box - In the box form drop-down, select a value for the type of 1099. For further info, visit the IRS website.
- DBA - Allows you to manually enter a name that you can then print on the check.
- EIN - Enter a value for the company's 'entity ID' or 'social security number'. NOTE: Once saved, this field becomes encrypted.
- Accepts credit cards - Limits the view of vendors in the Select invoices for payments screen. Please review the Accepts credit card [in-depth guide] for more information on the setup & use of this option.
- Accepts VPay - Limits the view of vendors in the Select invoices for payments screen. Is used for other VPay integrations.
- One payment per invoice - Creates a payment for each vendor invoice separately, instead of one payment for all invoices paid at that time.
- Credit card payee name - This ties into the credit card connector feature. NOTE: This will be populated automatically when you link a payee to a vendor in the Connector screen.
- Bank account number - Used for ACH files.
- Bank routing number - Used for ACH files. A minimum of 9 characters are required.
- Name on bank account - Used for ACH files.
- Payment address - (leave blank to use the default address from the company/vendor record) Choose an address from the list of addresses entered on the company record.
Anytime this company/vendor is tagged in a conversation or a conversation is created from this record, it will list here. This is useful for documenting conversations with this vendor and also can be used as a repository for files by attaching them to the conversation.
From the Vendor page, you can access their directly related records, such as contacts, vendor invoices, & payments.
To access the company side of the record, click on Company details from the bottom of the connections list. See the Salesperson > Companies page [guide] for more info.