This guide goes over the setup for generating an ACH file to send to your bank for processing vendor payments.
This feature leads to the generation of an industry-standard banking ACH file for transferring data from Workamajig to your financial institution.
Company ACH setup
From the Print checks page, click on System settings & check the 'use ACH' setting, and Save.
You will then see more items appear under the Selection options.
Click on Settings next to Use ACH. This will open the ACH settings panel.
Here you can enter your bank information:
- ACH company ID - This field is limited to 10 characters in the file itself. This information is provided by your bank.
- Bank name - This information is provided by your bank.
- Bank account number - This information is provided by your bank.
- Bank routing number - Requires a minimum of 9 numbers. This information is provided by your bank.
Show advanced options: allows you to set up other file requirements set forth by your bank
- Send data in ALL CAPS
- Do not send a balance record
- Do not use unique file names
- Use ACH company ID as File origin
- Do not use File reference
- Financial institution open on Saturday
- Alternate payer name
- Alternate file origin ID
Vendor ACH setup
From the Vendor record, go to Purchasing defaults > Payment options.
Then populate the bank account number, bank routing number, and name on bank account fields.
The key fields for setting up the vendor ACH are as follows.
Bank account number - Typically all numbers. Provided by your vendor.
Bank routing number - Minimum of 9 characters. Must be all numbers. If you have less than that, then typically you can add a 0 to the front of the sequence. Provided by your vendor.
Name on bank account - Can be text or numbers. Provided by your vendor.
Download ACH file
Go to the Print checks screen.
Select the Cash account, if different than your default.
Check the box for Use ACH.
Check the boxes next to the payments you want to include in your ACH File.
Click Download ACH file.
Log in to your bank's website & upload the file according to their instructions.