This feature allows you to sync your Workamajig Calendar with your Google Calendar.
- When syncing calendars across various systems and applications, issues may arise. If you have any issues, we suggest you then establish a one to one sync. If you primarily use your Google Calendar, then you can do one-way sync to your Default Calendar in Workamajig.
- The sync setup is new to the Platinum interface as of version 10.6.1.7.
- If you are running on your own Workamajig server instead of one of our hosted servers you will need to have your website added to our Google setup. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "New Google Authorization URI" along with your web address / URL asking to add it to the Google CalDAV authorization setup.
Before You Start
- Plan on syncing your calendars in a 1 to 1 environment. What this means is that if you maintain multiple Google calendars (personal and/or public), then you will need the same amount of calendars on the Workamajig side to sync them with.
- You can only maintain the sync of calendars that you have edit rights to on both sides.
- Google sync records meetings using UTC, the time zone is then converted based on your application.
- While meetings created/edited in Workamajig are pushed to Google immediately, keep in mind that the service that pulls information from Google is triggered to run every 5 minutes. Because the initial sync is looking at a big window, it may take several hours to fully sync your meetings.
Steps To Syncing Your Personal Calendar
These steps cover the process of syncing your Google Personal Calendar with your Workamajig Default Calendar.
- It's best to use one browser to do this process, as it will make things easier when you get to the authenticating steps.
- Ensure your browser has Pop-Up Blockers disabled during this operation, as it can cause issues when trying to open the Google authorization screens.
Step 1. Log in to both accounts in one browser
Using your preferred browser, log in to your Workamajig Account so you can see your Dashboard.
Also within the same browser, open a new tab or window and log in to your Google Account.
- Here is the URL to access your Google Account: https://accounts.google.com/
Step 2. Open your Workamajig Calendar Sync Settings
Go to Menu > Everyone > Calendar.
From the Calendar, click on More > Sync Settings.
Step 3. Authorize the sync
From Sync Settings, click on Authorize Workamajig access to your Google calendars.
You will also be asked to log in if you are not already logged in to your Google account.
NOTE: At this point, make sure pop-ups are allowed or check your browsers URL bar for popup notifications.
After clicking on Allow, you should now see the following successful message.
You can then close the confirmation page, but keep open your Workamajig and Google pages.
NOTE: If you get a red text confirmation screen, then try repeating the steps above. Or check out the Troubleshooting section at the end of this guide for more info.
Step 4. Copy your Google Calendar ID
In Google, go to the Menu and choose Calendar.
Select the calendar you wish to sync along the left side:
Select Settings and Sharing
From the Calendar Settings, scroll down to Integrate Calendar.
Copy the line under Calendar ID
NOTE: This may appear as your email address or a string of letters and numbers for your domain.
Step 5. Paste your Google Calendar ID in Sync Settings
Switch back to your Workamajig Calendars Sync Settings.
Now Paste the Google Calendar ID you copied into the Google Calendar ID field.
Step 6. Test the sync is working
Create a meeting in Workamajig and it should sync instantly to your Google Calendar.
Now create a meeting in Google and it should sync over to Workamajig in a matter of minutes. This can take longer depending on the amount of data that is syncing, especially for the first time setup.
Step 7. Additional Calendars and Support
Simply repeat these steps for each Personal Calendar you want to sync.
For Public/Group calendars, Google does not differentiate this like what Workamajig does. So make sure that only one user is controlling the sync between the two systems for any of one of these types of calendars.
If you run into issues with this setup or process, please read over the Troubleshooting section of this guide or email email@example.com for assistance.
- If you run into issues when trying to authorize, please revoke access on both sides before trying again. Refer to the section below on how to do this.
- Make sure you copy the Calendar ID exactly as shown in the Google Calendar Setup. Also, ensure there are no trailing (blank) spaces before or after the ID when you paste it into Workamajig.
- If you notice meetings disappearing or changing, make sure that only you have edit rights to your Google AND Workamajig Calendars.
- Keep in mind that other unforeseen issues with syncing can occur when you are syncing your Google calendar to other calendar systems or devices outside of Workamajig's control. In this case, you may want to establish which calendar is your "Master" Calendar and then set the Sync Direction as one-way sync (To Workamajig / From Workamajig).
- If you find that some recurring meetings are not syncing, this is most likely due to the original recurrence being more than one year ago. In this case, we suggest you cancel the original meeting and recreate it going forward.
- If you notice the time being off by an hour on a recurring meeting. This is most likely due to when the original meeting was created and how Google has updated their calendar. Again, we suggest you cancel the original meeting and then recreate it going forward.
HOW TO REVOKE WORKAMAJIG ACCESS TO GOOGLE CALENDARS
If you wish to revoke (stop syncing) Workamajig from accessing your Google calendar, then do one of the following:
Go to the Sync Settings > Authorization from your Workamajig Calendar.
Click on Remove Workamajig access to your Google calendars.
Go to your Google accounts app permissions: https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions.
Click on Workamajig Sync and then click on Remove.