Workamajig allows you to connect a group GSuite-Calendar into the Workamajig Public Calendar that may feed into the Traffic management area of Workamajig.
This method does not require any login information to work.
Use of Public Calendar Subscription
A public calendar in Workamajig is used to display Company level time events, such as Company-wide Out of Office, public holidays, client visits, etc.
An event created directly on a Workamajig public calendar can be set to block out time (affect Traffic/Resourcing information), Block out individual attendees only or for information only (no block out)
The subscription feed does not allow for this type of differentiation. The calendar will Block Out or Not Block Out all events that are "added" via the subscription feed.
Identify the type of events that are on the Google public calendar and set the Workamajig Subscription calendar accordingly:
- Calendar only contains company out of office days and resources: check Block Out
- Calendar contains staff PTO/OOO days: Uncheck Block Out
G-Suite Group/Public Calendar
VIDEO: Setup G-Suite Group Calendar
1) From Other Calendar, click on the triple dot icon along the right side of the calendar name
2) Select Settings
3) Under Public address in iCal format> click on the address and use Ctrl+C or Cmd+C to copy the address
4) From Workamajig> click on Workamajig>Everyone>Calendar
5) from the calendar: click on ...more>Display Options
6) Click +Create new public calendar
7) From New calendar screen fill in the following:
- Calendar name
- Check Subscribe to a Calendar From URL
- Click into Subscription URL> Paste Link from G-Suite Calendar
- Blockout Meetings:
If checked>all meetings on the calendar will block time in the company calendar. All Day events would be considered non-working days/company holiday.
If unchecked>all meetings on the calendar will have no affect on project schedules and will be considered FYI-style meetings.
- Click Save
8) Click on the X icon in top right corner to close the panel and go back to the main calendar page
The connection to G-Suite Group/Public Calendar is now setup and you should see events from the Calendar in the view.
NOTE: The subsequent syncs from G-Suite are performed at the time of opening the Workamajig Calendar. Workamajig will refresh the feed from Google if the last opening was done over 12hrs prior.