This report is typically run by your purchasing team which may include media buyers. The report displays all order lines that have been prebilled to the client. The report allows you to drill down into the actual order for direct manipulation of the transaction or to select the order along with other orders and mass close the order/order lines.
For media buyers, you will want to run this report in conjunction with the Media Detail Report to confirm that order lines, vendor invoices and client invoices are all tracking correctly.
NOTE: If using this report to mass close order lines for IOs and/or BOs based on date, then its best to populate just the End Date of the IO Date Range and/or BO Date Range to narrow down those exact results. Where the As Of Date may limit what is shown in the report, but closing based on the As Of Date will close all lines prebilled after that As Of Date.
How it works
- From the Generate screen, select the appropriate fields and date ranges prior to generating the report. Typically, the default settings are preferred as it is looking at all orders prior to today's date for all clients and vendors.
- This will display a list of all accrued orders found based on the selected filters
- Select the blue pencil icon to open the order or select the line and click Open Orders. This will open the order so you can see further details regarding the order, including connect client invoice(s) and vendor invoice(s).
- If it appears that the line should be closed, you can select the line(s) and click CLOSE ORDERS, COMPLETE ACCRUAL
- Set the posting date>>click OK
Since the vendor invoice is being used to reverse out the accrual amount, the actual Line will show an Amount of $0. When you look at the posting detail, you will see that it is actually reversing out the prebill order transaction.