KNOWN ISSUE: Amex has started making all their 2FA/Multi-Factor Authentications be "perpetual". As a result, it prevents this connection from working with Amex. Plaid is aware of the issue and are waiting for Amex to update their security protocols. There is no ETA at this time. However, you can still download and import the OFX type file and import into the connector screen. Please refer to the Importing credit card transactions if you need to do this manually.
This integration with plaid.com allows you to connect to a wide variety of credit card/banking institutions for the purpose of automatically importing transactional data to the credit card connector.
However, not all credit cards and/or banking institutions are guaranteed to work with this product. If your card/bank does not work, then your next method of bringing over this type of data in the connector screen is to download the OFX/QFX/QBO or CSV file from your institution's website and import into the connector screen.
- AMEX clients using the @Work or MyAtWork version must use the individual cardholder's login credentials to download transactions. The global/primary account login credential do not allow access.
- BMO Harris Bank cards are not supported
NOTE ABOUT PLAID: You do NOT need to set up an individual account with plaid.com. Plaid is a 3rd party developer and does not have a client service team, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback or issues, and we will submit a ticket to Plaid. Workamajig has set up the necessary connections needed for this integration. You will only need to set up the connection in Workamajig via the steps outlined below.
For security purposes, the card numbers are encrypted and only the last four digits are displayed.
If you already have your credit card(s) set up as vendors, you can skip this part.
If this is a new card/bank or you are new to Workamajig, you must create a vendor record for your credit card financial institution to which you will be sending payments to.
GL account setup
You will need to set up a GL account for each credit card account you have.
NOTE: Be sure to have your credit card companies set up as vendors prior to adding these types of accounts.
Go to Menu > Admin/manager > System setup > GL settings > GL accounts.
You can choose to Insert row at the bottom or click the three dots of an existing account to Insert an account below.
When you choose the account type of Credit Card, you will need to add a Vendor (that already exists in your system) before you can Save.
While not required, if you have multiple cards, we do recommend you make a "credit cards" roll-up account to keep things organized. This roll-up account can be added at any time to your setup. Note: If you want the roll-up account first, you still have to choose a 'vendor' in order to save, but that aspect of the account setup will not be used once you push another account under it.
After you save, continue with the setup of your account(s)/card(s). You may even want to close out of the GL accounts page & reopen it.
Go to Menu > Admin/manager > System setup > Connections.
From here click the + next to Plaid connections.
This will start the walk-through screens to set up your card(s).
Next, you can search to Select your bank.
- Additionally, if you are unable to connect, it may be that there is another URL you use to connect to your card. Be sure the URL you use to access your online account, matches the URL shown at the bottom of the card search.
You will then be prompted to Enter the credentials that you use to access that bank/card online.
NOTE: Use the login credentials for the "master" account card, if you are using multiple sub-account cards.
NOTE: There will be more screens in this process to authorize your account
Once confirmed, you will be taken back to the Connections page in System setup. We currently recommend you refresh your browser at this point.
Now, you can map your card(s) with a pre-setup GL account for that card.
Click on the newly added Plaid connection.
Single credit card account
Choose the GL account that maps to the designated card's transactions.
Clicking out of the row will auto-save your choice.
And you're done! Transactions should now start to appear in the credit credit connector.
Multiple credit cards under a "master" account card
- Following the connection setup, it may take some time for the system to display the sub-account credit cards. In testing, this has ranged from 1min - 10min.
- The above setup is the same when you have multiple credit cards that are considered sub-accounts of the main credit card.
- The main credit card account will be designated with an * at the front of the name. Single account cards will have this same designator.
With the Accounts screen open, click on More > Update Accounts to force a refresh of the current data.
At this point you should see:
With multiple sub-account cards, you will only map the sub-account cards to a GL account. Do NOT connect the *Primary credit card to a GL account
NOTE: If there is only a *card name in the list that does not have any sub-cards associated with it, you can map the *card name to the appropriate GL account.
Exceptions to the Rule
Some provider cards may show an exception to the rule above. As part of the transaction data stream, an Account Owner is associated with the charge. For charges that were made using the primary account card, this field may be blank. To ensure the charges are synced into the Credit Card Connector screen, the appropriate GL account must be mapped to the *Primary card line and the sub-card line.
NOTE: To confirm if this will be necessary, from the mapping screen, click ...more>Preview Transactions. If any of the lines under Account Owner are blank, you will need to map the GL account to the primary card.
Other screen functions
While these are used mainly for troubleshooting purposes, it can be helpful to know what other options you have.
From the account screen, you can click on More.
- This allows you to re-authenticate the connection to the institution. Typically used when the password or user ID has changed.
- NOTE: If you delete the Account and start a new connection to the same account, then the transaction IDs (FTDIDs) may be different and download duplicates.
- This will search your connection for any new accounts or cards associated. For example, if this were a brand new connection, you might see one line for the master account (designated with an Asterisk). Then, after using the Update Accounts option, you may see several subaccounts appear. These would be the cards you connect to your GL accounts.
- This is also useful for when you add new cards to your existing account and allows you to refresh the data to find setup new cards.
- NOTE: Only cards that have charges within the last 3 months will appear for setup.
- This lets you see all of what is currently being synced over. It's mainly for troubleshooting purposes, such as verifying pending charges.
- This will only show the last 3 months of charges.
Verify credit card connector screen
Now go to the Credit Card Connector screen to verify the transactions are syncing over.
As an administrator you can go to Menu > Purchasing > Today purchasing > Incoming charges> Open the credit card connector.
From the Connector screen, you can select each credit card from the drop-down list and click Download. Then repeat the process for each card in the list. This pulls the last three months of Charges.
As a card user setup in the GL account, you can go to your Notifications bell and click on the connector there for that card.
You can then update your charges and expand the rows for more detail.
The system will auto-download once a night for each active card to bring in new transactions.
NOTE: If you do not see any transactions appear, click on Download from the top of the connector to perform a sync.
If it's working, then please go to the Credit card connector [in-depth guide] for the next steps.
If it is not working, please review the steps above to see if a step was missed. If it is still not working, please email email@example.com with your issue and provide as much detail, including screenshots if you can.
If you feel there are recent charges that are missing from the connector, one thing to check is to see if there are any pending charges. We only bring in charges once it's been processed fully by the credit card company.
From the Connections > Credit cards Plaid section. Click on the Account in question. Then, from its plaid setup screen, click on More > Preview Transactions.
This will then show a screen of all recent charges for that card/account.
Look at the column with the header of 'pending'. If there are any rows that say 'true', then those transactions are still pending from the credit card company. Workamajig has no control over when these will be ready, but we usually see this take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.