From the Main Menu, go to Admin/Manager > System Setup > Account Information > Transactions preferences.
Transaction preferences are used to set up the default options for numbering and behavior of most of the accounting transactions and project transactions in the system. All of the options in the screen are defaults which can be later changed for further adjustment.
- These are global settings, which means they have an effect on the entire system and can change the way your process works.
- Some options may not be instant and need overnight to take affect. Or a reload of your browser is needed.
First Time Options | Show Advanced Options | Contact Management | Clients | Projects | Campaigns | Estimates | Time Sheet | Expense Reports | Deliverables | Purchase Orders | Media | Client Invoices | Vendors Invoices | Daily Emails | Notification Options
First Time Options
The first time you open the Transaction Preferences, you are shown the typical options used for a new implementation of Workamajig.
Here is a great place to examine your Project Numbering Method, Client and Vendor Invoice Approver settings and Default Client Portal Security Group.
Show Advanced Options
At the bottom of the page you can click on Show Advanced Options to see all the systems Transaction Preferences.
There are several categories on the left, with options relating to each on the right.
This section of options relate to how Calendars and Conversations can be used.
New Project Options
- Require a Project Request - Prevents you from entering a new project without it being either generated from an Approved Project Request or linked to a Project Request in the New Project window.
- One Project Allowed Per Project Request - This setting prevents multiple Projects being linked to one Project Request.
- Require a Project Type - Makes the Project Type for all projects Required. For more info, please refer to the Project Types guide.
- Require a Product - You must have all your clients setup with at least one Product to use this option.
- Require a Division - You must have all your clients setup with at least one Division to use this option.
- Require a Client Project Number - This makes the Client Project Number filed Required. This is good for ensuring the Clients PO number gets entered at the start of the project.
- Copy Deliverables - This controls if existing Deliverables copy from the template/project to your new project.
- Allow an employee to be the primary contact on a project - This options is if you have a need for your Employees, not just Contacts, be the Primary Contact for your projects.
- Default Account Manager - This determines who is set as the new projects Account Manager. You can choose from Client Account Manager or Project Creator.
- Show Project Manager - When checked, this opens up the Project Manager field to split out the Account Manager vs Project Manager setup fields in client and project setup. This applies to reports and the Today Project Manager page.
- Default Protect Manager - This determines who is set as the new projects Project Manager. You can choose from Client Account Manager or Project Creator.
- Push schedule dates on tasks - Checked by default. This option makes it so any project that is active, and the Task Constraints and schedule direction meet certain criteria, will then push the Plan Start Date of the task to the next day, if that task has no Actual Start Date. For more info, please refer to the Auto-Schedule guide.
- Push scheduled end dates on started tasks - Checked by default. This option makes it so the Plan Complete Date of the task will Push to the next day, for tasks that are due today and have an Actual Start Date and no Actual Complete Date. This will then auto-extend the days in duration of the task as well until marked complete. For more info, please refer to the Auto-Schedule guide.
- Actual dates change the plan date - Checked by default. When a task is started (Actual Start Date) or completed (Actual Complete Date), the Actual Dates will change the Plan Dates to match.
NOTE: To retain a reference of the Plan Dates your schedule started with, you can use the More > Finalize Schedule option to populate the Original/Baseline Dates with what is currently in the Plan Dates. For more info, please refer to the Auto-Schedule guide.
- Auto ID Tasks - Checked by default. This will add a 1,2,3 etc for top level tasks automatically. Sub-tasks will get 1.1,1.2,1.3 etc.
NOTE: These numbers change automatically if you add or remove tasks.
- Auto send assignment complete emails - When checked, Users assigned to a Task will get an email that their Task has started.
NOTE: This only works on tasks with Predecessors. Which means if the Task does not have a Predecessor, then no email is sent to those assigned users.
- Use To Do items - This option allows you to add To Dos to tasks. For more info, please refer to the Project Manager: To Do Board guide.
- Show Actual Hours regardless of service - This will show the total hours each user has entered to the Task, regardless if they enter their time to their assigned Service. This will also show on their Today - Creatives > Assignment Cards.
- Allow cross-project predecessors - For more info, please refer to the Cross-Project Predecessors guide.
For more info on this section, please refer to the Project and Campaign Number Methods guide.
- Numbering Method - Determines the numbering format for new projects.
- Add a suffix from the Project Type - Adds the Project Type Suffix to the end of the project number when created.
- Use a 2 digit year prefix - When checked, the current fiscal years 2-digit prefix will be the start of certain and default project numbering methods. This will update the Prefix field below automatically when you create the first project of the Fiscal Year. Additionally, the next global number will be reset to 1 as well.
NOTE: Fiscal Year is set in GL Tracking Options.
- Prefix - If the above option "Use a 2 digit year prefix" is checked, then this gets populated automatically. However, if the above option is not checked, then this will be the Prefix for certain Project Numbering Methods.
- Next Number - This determines the Next Global Number.
- Number Separator - Can choose None, -, and *. The default is -.
- Size of Number - Can choose from 2-7. This setting will automatically up the size of the number as more projects get created. For example, if you know you will be making more than 9999 projects in one year, then we recommend you choose 5 or higher.
- Require reject reason on approvals - When checked, you will need to have Reject Reasons setup to choose from.
- Extend project request due date - This will auto-push the due date of the request until the request is approved or rejected.
- Use types on To Do items - This option will open up another set of Global Lists you can setup for To Dos use and reporting.
- Use Statuses with To Do items - This option is mainly for users who want to track Fix-It To Dos created from a Deliverable Comment.
- Require the client on the linked projects to match the client on the campaign - This option ensures the client on the projects match the client of the campaign. If you bill (create Client Invoices) from campaigns, this a good option to check.
- Numbering Method - Determines the numbering format for new Campaigns. For more info, please refer to the Project and Campaign Number Methods guide.
NOTE: By default, the system is set to Email Only. However, you can control each types available to be Email Only (Default), System Message Only (appear in the Notifications), or Both.