Workamajig has partnered with CSI globalVCard to integrate a new way of managing payments.
For more information and support on this feature, please visit https://www.corporatespending.com.
CSI globalVCard is a leading provider of innovative corporate payment solutions that include virtual card and mobile payment technologies. (Learn more about virtual card payments.) Whether we deliver your B2B payments through our SaaS platform or mobile application, you can be assured that your financial data is secure and facilitated by a trusted leader in the industry.
- This feature is designed in the Platinum interface only. So while you can create payments in Classic or Platinum, the ability to send/batch those payments to CSI is only available in the Platinum interface.
- You can access the Print Checks screen from Today - Purchasing. However, you can also go directly to the Print Checks screen by manually entering the following URL after your server address:
For example, your full URL might look like this:
- Your Accounting Controller must be involved in this setup and workflow process.
- While you can create the payments as usual in Classic, you must use the Platinum interface to access the Print Checks screen that has the View Batch, Add To Batch and Publish Batch options.
- If you are asked to provide payment history by CSI, you can do this by going to Today - Purchasing > Views > Payments, and then by modifying the report view, include any additional columns and filter by the desired payment date range. Additionally, you can email email@example.com for further assistance with modifying reports in Workamajig.
GL Accounts Setup
NOTE: This level of setup is typically completed for you prior to any training.
Create a GL Account to act as the VCard Clearing Account.
Go to Menu > Admin/Manager > System Setup > GL Accounts.
- Click Insert Row to add a new account.
- Use the Account Type of Bank Account (this will act as the VCard clearing account for this accounting process in Workamajig).
NOTE: New Bank Accounts default with a number sequence starting at 0, however, you can adjust the starting number to match your current sequence. Please speak with your VCard rep as they may ask you do a test run first.
Go to Menu > Admin/Manager > System Setup > Connections > Credit Cards.
- Under vCard Setup, add your Username, Password and Customer ID that is provided to you by CSI globalVCard.
- Be sure you have signed into the CSI Dashboard prior to this as well, since their site may ask you to update your password.
NOTE: Must be populated with valid credentials to work. Also, these credentials expire every 60 days from CSI, so make sure to visit this setup page to update at that time.
Print Checks System Settings
Go to Menu > Today - Purchasing > Checks To Print.
In case you have no checks to print, the Direct URL to the Print Check screen is:
- From Print Checks, click on System Settings.
- Check the option for Use CSI VCard.
NOTE: Do not check Use CSI Test Site. This is used for Workamajig Support to troubleshoot and test only.
Updating Vendors Individually
Go to Purchasing > Vendors.
- Locate and click on the desired Vendor record.
- Click on the edit icon for Payment Options.
- Check the option Accepts VPay.
Mass Updating Vendors from the Vendor List Views
- You can also update multiple vendors from the Vendors view.
Updating Vendors using an Import file
From the Menu > Admin > Import, you can choose Vendors and then upload a CSV file with the following:
Example of the *.CSV file to create and use.
Vendor ID,Accepts VPay,
First Run Through
1. You will want to connect with your CSI rep on their overall training and process.
2. Schedule training with Workamajig to review the workflow process that takes place on this side of the integration.
3. With knowledge of both sides of this feature, you will want to create a test vendor, so you can create a $1 vendor invoice and payment, for the purpose of running it through the full workflow process described in this guide.
- This way CSI can verify the transaction is processing through their system.
- You also might be asked to do your first run through with your CSI rep, as they can monitor the first live batch you process.
From the Today - Accounting page you can click on New at the top and choose Journal Entry.
With the GL Account setup, you can then enter a Journal Entry to Prefund the VCard clearing account as needed.
- The above screenshot is just an example of what your Journal Entry might look like.
- This is just a recording of what actual transactions exist on your bank account to match what you have wired to CSI.
- By prefunding the account, you can see the current available balance of your VPay Account from the Select Invoices For Payment screen.
Select Invoices for Payment
Go to Menu > Purchasing > Today - Purchasing.
- Under the To Pay As Of section, click on Vendor Invoices.
- Check Accepts VCards. While this is optional, it helps to narrow down payments/vendors that work with this feature.
- Click Search.
- From the results that appear, Check the Vendor Invoices you want to pay.
- Click Pay $ to open the Payment Options panel.
- Enter in the VCard Clearing Account in the Cash Account field.
- Click Generate Payments.
NOTE: You can see the Balance, along with the To Pay and Remaining amounts, based on the PreFunding that was entered prior.
Go to Menu > Purchasing > Today - Purchasing.
- Click on Checks To Print.
This will open the Print Checks page.
Add To Batch
- Choose the VCard Clearing Account in the Cash Account field.
- The payments previously generated should now be listed.
- Check the desired Payments.
- Click Add To Batch.
- This will bring up the Batch Transactions screen.
- All payments listed are part of the batch.
- Click Publish Batch.
- Or come back later and click View Batch, to then add or remove transactions prior to pressing Publish Batch.
- You can only publish one batch at a time.
- If you have multiple GL Accounts you pay from, be sure to only create one Batch Per Card. Do not add two cards worth of transaction into one batch.
- If you receive an error when you press Add To Batch, this typically means your password in Connections is outdated.
- If you receive an error when you press Publish Batch, this typically means the vendor is not established on CSI's system.
- If you Remove a transaction from the Batch and re-add it back, the next check number will increase.
Review your CSI GlobalVcard Dashboard and Payment Center
The following image is just an example of what the CSI dashboard looks like.
- Check for errors and if needed, please contact your CSI rep to address any concerns with what you see here.
- The most common error you might encounter is the missing/remittance email that can appear in the CSI interface. This can be solved by adding an email address to the primary contact of the vendor record within Workamajig, but would only apply to future payments. You would still need to resolve the one(s) in the CSI interface.
- If you receive a red banner/error in the Workamajig interface at any time when you click View Batch, Add To Batch, or Publish Batch. Please read the error and handle accordingly. If you do not understand the error, or if the error is not legible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the error and what button you pressed.
- If you remove a payment from the Batch Screen in Workamajig. Be aware that the check number will increase by 1 when you re-add it.
- Payments that have been successfully sent over to CSI and have a Batch ID in Workamajig, cannot be resent. Even if you blank out the Check Number. Please contact email@example.com if you are having an issue and need to get the data cleaned up on the Workamajig side.
- If a payment was sent in a batch, but never received on the CSI end, after you figure out the issue, you can blank out the Check ID of the payment in question and add to batch again.