This guide describes the steps for each user to follow and set up the sync between the Workamajig Calendar and Exchange Calendar.
NOTE: This guide assumes your Email Administrators/IT persons have already set up the Exchange Server Sync Tool from the Exchange Server/Sync Setup guide.
ATTENTION: If you are using Office365 or Exchange Server with 2-Step Authentication, you MUST get an app password for use in the Workamajig setup. For details from Microsoft click HERE. (scroll down to section: Outlook won't accept my password>>select Outlook from the dropdown)
Once you have setup the app password, you can proceed with the setup steps.
Please note, the way the sync tool works, it will need to make 3 passes for your calendar to actually begin syncing. So the recommended workflow would be to perform Step 1-4 at some point during the day. Prior to going home for the evening perform Step 5-7. When you return to work in the morning your events should be synced. The timing of this is up to you, be aware that the sync tool is only running about once per hour. So the delay between step 4 and step 5 will need to take this into account.
NOTE: Recurring Meetings must be set up with the Parent meeting being created within the Start Month range set on the ExchangeLink tool. If it is outside this range, the meeting will not be synced into Workamajig. We also recommend that the number of recurrences do not exceed this number. Ex. if set to -12, then you should only set up 11 recurrences, Confirm the setting with your IT person prior to your first sync and adjust your recurring meetings, accordingly.
1. Go to Workamajig>Everyone>Calendar. From the calendar, click the ...more icon > Sync Settings
2. From the Exchange: Authorization tab, enter your Exchange UserID.
3. Click Update Your Password, enter your Exchange access password. NOTE: If you are using Office365, you may need to get an app password for use in the Workamajig setup. For details from Microsoft go HERE.
- Mailbox is typically not used. It is only used in the case of your User ID and Mailbox are named differently.
4. SAVE >Close the calendar
5. After providing sufficient time for the sync tool to recognize your credentials, Open Calendar. Click ...more > Sync Settings
6. Click Exchange: Sync Setup
Personal Calendar: Set the calendar you want to sync with Exchange
Exchange Folder: Set the exchange folder you want to sync to Workamajig: typically Calendar. NOTE: Workamajig is unable to sync with Exchange Public Calendars
Sync Direction: Set the direction you want to sync the calendars: To Workamajig, From Workamajig, Both. NOTE: Though Workamajig does allow for 2-way synching, it is recommended that you pick a "master" calendar, and sync away from the master. If the master is Exchange, then your setting should be "To Workamajig".
You have completed the setup. The initial sync may take some time, depending on the number of meetings. You should start to see random meetings appearing in each month as the sync is simply going through the database pulling information in. It does not work in date order.
8. Confirm Syncing
In a typical environment, it can take up to 15 minutes to notice that the sync is working. However, there are some instances where you may need to wait up to an hour or more to confirm the sync is working.
If after an extended period of time you feel that the sync is not working, then check the following steps in order:
1. Did you get an email that your sync (User ID or Password) is not properly setup? If you did not get an email, then ensure you populate the User ID and Password fields.
2. Did you choose the correct Exchange calendar in the Exchange Folder drop-down?
3. Are other users in your organization able to sync their calendars? If so, then what about their settings is different? Do they have a Mailbox populated? Is there a domainname\password in the User ID field?
4. Check with your Email Administrators/IT Persons to confirm the Exchange Server Sync Tool is functioning and set up properly.
5. Contact Workamajig Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will help troubleshoot the issue.
- If you are receiving an email with the subject of "Exchange Sync Authorization Error", then this typically means your password is incorrect. Please review the Sync Settings setup above.