This guide will show you step by step how to create a new meeting in Workamajig and the options that you have.
Create A New Meeting
A new meeting can be created on any Today page via the schedule area or from your Workamajig Calendar with the button.
- Enter Subject (this field is required).
- Select a duration for the meeting: Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time. If you check All Day Event, you can only select Start Date and End Date.
- Repeat allows you to set this meeting as recurring and define the parameters for how often it is created. For more information see Recurring Meetings.
- Description: Enter in further details regarding the meeting. Attendees and invitees will see this information.
- Location is an optional text field.
- Select the Calendar where the meeting will be saved. This will always pre-populated your default calendar, so be sure to switch it if you are creating a public meeting.
- Contact allows you to link this meeting to an existing contact in Workamajig for CRM, tracking and invitation purposes. Once the meeting has been created the icon will open the contact record from the meeting details. Note that this feature is for internal users and employees only. Client contacts will not have access.
- Project Allows you to link this meeting to a specific project. Once the meeting has been created the icon will open the project from the meeting details. Note that this feature is for internal users and employees only. Client contacts will not have access.
- Attendees can be added to a meeting via the + button. A drop-down will appear allowing you to add internal staff or contacts.
Staff or Contacts invited to this meeting will be visible here along with their response to the meeting invitation. Email Attendees can be used to have the system send meeting invitations with the details.
- Reminder sets the pre-meeting time for an email reminder or desktop notification (if a user is logged into Workamajig).
- Resources allow you to select pre-set resources for the meeting; eg conference room, projector etc. For more information on setting resources, see Calendar Resources.
- Attachments: Allows you to add files to the meeting that are viewable to all attendees
'Show More' Options
Additional options for your meetings can be seen by clicking the 'Show More' option.
- Block Out notes that users attending this meeting are unavailable for the duration. This is visible when a user attempts to add an invitee to a meeting. Blocked out time will also be considered for resourcing purposes. The system will add any blocked out hours to calculations on the staff schedule and assignment management screens. This is to prevent assigning 8 hours worth of work to an individual who will spend a few hours in meetings during the day.
Block out will also be used to notate any days where the office is closed, such as holidays or retreats. Meetings should be created for these days and placed on the 'Public Company Meetings' Calendar. This will keep Workamajig from counting against a project or tasks duration on a day your office is closed. For instructions on how to do so see Add New Company Holiday Event.
- Private will make meeting details for this meeting invisible to anyone who is not an attendee.
- Meeting Type is used to classify and color code meetings. This is a prepopulated list that can be set and adjusted via Admin/Manager->System Setup->Contact Management->Meeting Types.
- The Company allows you to link this meeting to an existing contact in Workamajig for CRM and tracking purposes. Once the meeting has been created the icon will open the company record from the meeting details. Note that this feature is for internal users and employees only. Client contacts will not have access.
- The Opportunity allows you to link this meeting to an existing opportunity in Workamajig for CRM or tracking purposes. Once the meeting has been created the icon will open the opportunity record from the meeting details. Note that this feature is for internal users and employees only. Client contacts will not have access.
- Created By: shows the creator and creation date of the meeting. This cannot be edited.
Recurring meetings can be created by selecting the 'Repeat' option when creating a new meeting or clicking the details of an existing meeting.
After selecting repeat a pencil icon with the recurrence details will appear, allowing you to set the parameters for subsequent meetings and how often they are created.
Pattern: Recurring meetings can be set to occur daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
Range: Sets how long the system should create a recurrence for this meeting. Recurring meetings can run forever, end after a certain number of recurrences, or end on a specific date.
Changes To Existing Meetings
How to Cancel a meeting?
The way to cancel a meeting and alert the attendees of this is to simply delete the meeting.
Keep in mind that only the Organizer, or a user with edit rights to the organizer's calendar, can delete it.
How to reschedule a meeting time?
When a meeting time needs to change, simply press Send Notifications after you have made your changes to the meeting to have a new email sent out about the current state of the meeting.
To confirm that you want to send a notification, at the bottom of the detailed meeting screen, you can set your preferences for sending notifications upon save. The options are Always, Ask or Never.