This guide will show you step-by-step how to create a company holiday in Workamajig. The main purpose of this is that it affects ALL project schedules so you do not take company holidays into account as normal working days when scheduling tasks.
Create A Company Holiday Meeting
For this purpose, it doesn't matter who the organizer of the meeting is, so long as it's on the Public Company Meetings Calendar (where Blockout Attendees Only is NOT checked).
- Create a new meeting.
- Make the subject something like "Holiday".
- Choose the Calendar of "Public Company Meetings" (by default)
- Check All Day Meeting.
- Enters the Date(s) the company is closed for that holiday.
- Make sure Block Out is checked.
- Repeat for all known company holidays.
NOTE: This then creates a Black column on the Staff Schedule Screen for all users on the days selected.