This guide will provide instructions on how to manually create a new client invoice.
Steps to manually create a client invoice
Go to Menu > Billing > Today-Billing> >Invoice
Enter a Client ID/Client Name in Client field to select
SAVE: this will create the header information for your invoice
You can now begin to add lines to the invoice by clicking: +Add a Line Item
Adding line items
When you create line items, there are two types of line items: summary & detail. Summary line items are used to group detail line items together & summarize line items together on the printed invoice. When you create a detail line item, you can enter the amounts directly on the line item or you can link the line item to a project and select transactions onto the invoice.
Add a detail line item
Line subject: text box, enter the line subject. This will usually print on the invoice
- Sales GL Account: this will be pre-filled with default settings. Select different Sales GL account, if needed.
- Description: text box, enter any additional line information. This will usually print on the invoice
Total Amount value. You can also use the Quantity and Unit Amount to have the Total Amount calculated.
Add Labor/Add Expenses: by clicking on these links, you will be able to add project transactions to the line. If used, there is no need to fill in a Total Amount value. Also, the Sales GL Account will come from the selected transactions.
- Tax 1/Tax 2: check box to apply tax on the line
Project: select project from drop down list.
- Retainer: select appropriate retainer, if needed.
- Display Option: used for printing when using an Estimate/Invoice Layout
- Billing Item: select billing item from drop down, if needed.
- Item/Service: select appropriate Item or Service from the drop down list. If not using labor/expense transactions, this allows booking income to the selected service. Sales GL account from the item/service will be used.
Add a summary line item
A summary line is used to "roll-up" detail lines to provide a single subtotaled value or provide a way to label/group detail lines.
Click Insert row
- Line Subject: text field, enter appropriate text. This will usually print on the invoice
- Line Description: text field, enter appropriate text. This will usually print on the invoice
In the Line subject text box, enter the line subject that you want printed on the invoice.
This is all that is needed, as the line will be used to subtotal the detail lines
Drag new line above the first detail line
- Click on Line subject of first detail line
- Click blue right arrow, to move the detail line under the summary. The Summary line will be bold
- Repeat step 6-7 for each detail line that should be under the Summary.
Edit Header Information
To edit header information such as invoice date, posting date, billing address, tax rate, etc. click on the blue pencil next to Details