Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team.
This training session is designed to introduce you to Workamajig's interface and show you how to add new employees, clients, vendors, and contacts. We will also discuss how to use the Calendar and any other general questions that come up at this time.
Why is this Important? Defining default settings to be used in each area of the system allow your agency to create a consistent flow of information into the system. Entering project information, client, vendors, billing, purchasing, and other system items in a predetermined way allows for better tracking and reporting of your client and agency health.
To start off the call we will present to you how you navigate the Workamajig interface.
- Detail the Toolbar.
- Show the Menu navigation.
- Explain the purpose of Today screens.
From here we will cover how to Add New Employees to the system.
- Show the minimum steps to have a fully functional user in the system.
- This includes but not limited to name, email, login, password, and security group.
Enter Clients, Vendors, and Contacts
Depending on how many clients you plan on entering, we may discuss the process of importing those records. However, we will still show the way in which you enter one manually.
NOTE: Workamajig sees clients and vendors as companies.
- Show how to enter a client and vendor (we will make a Test Client and Test Vendor for training purposes).
- Show how to enter a contact who is associated with a client (we will create a Test Contact for training purposes).
- Review Client and Vendor defaults.
Setup your GL Accounts.
- Discuss any specific needs here.
Based on needs we can separate your financials into various categories.
- GL Companies can segment financial statements.
- Offices can segment project details.
- Departments can segment transaction details.
- Review the Employees Overview guide for navigation to and additional info.
- UserID, password, Security group.
- Provide the Login URL, UserID, and Password to staff.
- Ensure the CORE team has logged in and viewed their desktop.
Add Clients & Vendors
- Review the Client Setup and Vendor Setup guides for navigation to and additional info.
- Decide on a Client ID and Vendor ID methodology.
- Begin manual entry of at least a few Client and Vendor records. (If you have many clients and/or vendor records you can import but do a few manual entries to start with)
- Clean up Client and Vendor records from your current system so if you wish to import you have a updated list with current Contacts, address, etc.
- Use can use the Import Data section to assist with importing mass records. NOTE: Its recommended you enter or import your Companies (Clients and Vendors) into Workamajig prior to your Contacts, so you can easily link the Contact to the corresponding Company on import.
- Review the default GL Accounts to plan ahead for any necessary changes.
Remember, as your training and support team, we are here to help. If you have difficulty with your homework please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Account Manager or other Support Team member will assist you.