This guide will show you how can manager other users calendars if you have Edit rights to their personal calendar and how to set up other system level calendar settings.
Personal Calendar Settings
The following defaults are set via Click Name in top right corner > Default Settings.
Calendar Color: This defines the calendar color you and other people will see when viewing your calendar. Other people will be able to change this default on their individual calendars without affecting your default settings
- Administrator- The default color can be set via the Employee record via Menu>Admin>Employee>select employee: Default Calendar button: select color>SAVE
- Employee - The default color can be set via Menu>My Settings: Default Calendar Color>SAVE
Meeting Reminder Time: This defines the time when the Reminders will be sent from the system.
- Employee- Menu> My Settings: Default Reminder Time: select No Reminder or a minutes before time from the drop-down Menu>SAVE
Reminder Type: This defines the type of reminder that will be sent from the system
- Employee- Menu>My Settings: Reminder Type: select from None; Email; Popup; Both Email and Popup from the drop-down menu.>SAVE
Time Zone: This sets the time zone for when events are set in your calendar. The system looks at the time zone set in the meeting before placing it on your calendar. Attendees will see meetings based upon the time zone set for them. Meetings viewed in the Show Scheduling Info screen will be based upon your time zone. There is no need to adjust for different time zones.
- Administrator- Via the Employee record via Menu>Admin>Employee>select employee: Default Calendar button: select time zone>SAVE
- Employee - Menu>My Settings: Time Zone: select time zone>SAVE
System Calendar Settings
From your calendar view, if you have edit rights to the public calendars (Administrators have this right natively), then you can modify the Name, Default Display Color and other settings of these calendars.
Public Calendars: Office Specific
These can be selected on a per meeting basis and allow you to filter by in reports and color code each meeting.
Please refer to the Meeting Types guide for more info.
These allow you to create additional attendees to a meeting that are not a person. Such as a Conference Room or other Misc resource that need to be booked out and scheduled along with the typical meeting setup.
Please refer to the Calendar Resources guide for more info.
Send Notifications To Staff Only
If you want to use the system for internal meeting notifications only for attendees, then check the following option:
Main menu > Admin > System Setup > Global Options > Transaction Preferences > Email Options > Then check "Send Notifications To Staff Only", Save.
Managing Other Users Calendars
From the user's Employee record you can click on Default Calendar. This will bring up the Calendar Settings for that user's default calendar.
In here you can modify who has View/Edit rights to their calendar. You can also determine some of their defaults such as Calendar Color.
NOTE: Any user that has Edit rights to another users calendar will get meeting invites of that user and also see in their Items To Approve a section called Other Peoples Meetings.