This guide will show you step-by-step how to create an Out Of Office meeting event in Workamajig. The purpose of this event is to tell Workamajig that you are out for the day so that others can be alerted through the Staff Schedule screen.
How to create an individual out-of-office event
If an employee is going to be out of the office for at least a day (Vacation, Sick, Etc.), they can enter a meeting into the calendar to alert the scheduling.
Alternatively, if an employee is out sick and their manager has edit rights to their personal calendar, they can create a sick day meeting on their behalf to appear on the calendar and staff schedule screen respectively.
- From the calendar, Double-Click on the day you will be out.
- Enter a subject that tells people that you're out of the office (i.e. Name - OOF).
- Make sure you are the organizer and the only attendee.
- Choose the Calendar "Vacations (Public)" by default (where the option Blockout Attendees Only IS checked). NOTE: It can just be your default calendar, but then only users with the rights to view/edit your calendar will be able to see this meeting outside the Staff Schedule screen.
- Choose the date(s) you will be out.
- Make sure Block Out is checked.
NOTE: This then creates a black box on the Staff Schedule Screen for the day(s) out.
If you are going to be out of the office or unavailable for a few hours, yet plan on working that day, you can follow the same steps above. The only difference is not checking All Day. This then gives you a start and end time to choose for the day.
Please note that if you have a meeting and your calendar is blocked out for a few hours, it will affect the Staff Schedule screens calculations: your meeting hours will be added to your allocated hours on assigned tasks for that day.