This guide will show you step-by-step how to create an Out Of Office meeting event in Workamajig. The purpose of this event is to tell Workamajig that you are out for the day so that others can be alerted through the Staff Schedule screen.
How to create an individual out-of-office event
If an employee is going to be out of the office for at least a day (Vacation, Sick, Etc.), they can enter a meeting into the calendar to alert the scheduling.
Alternatively, if an employee is out sick and their manager has edit rights to their personal calendar, they can create a sick day meeting on their behalf to appear on the calendar and staff schedule screen respectively.
- From the calendar, Double-Click on the day you will be out.
- Enter a subject that tells people that you're out of the office (i.e. Name - OOF).
- Make sure you are the organizer and the only attendee.
- Choose the Calendar "Vacations (Public)" by default (where the option Blockout Attendees Only IS checked). NOTE: It can just be your default calendar, but then only users with the rights to view/edit your calendar will be able to see this meeting outside the Staff Schedule screen.
- Choose the date(s) you will be out.
- Make sure Block Out is checked.
NOTE: This then creates a black box on the Staff Schedule Screen for the day(s) out.
If you are going to be out of the office or unavailable for a few hours, yet plan on working that day, you can follow the same steps above. The only difference is not checking All Day. This then gives you a start and end time to choose for the day.
Staff Schedule Considerations
Full day and partial day events that are set to block out will affect the Staff Schedule daily/weekly values that are displayed.
Partial Day Event: the event will be included in the daily workload value. The value is based upon the duration of the calendar event. Ex. 30 min. event will display .5.
All Day Event: All day event + block out is considered a non-working day for the individual. The day in the staff schedule will be displayed in yellow with min hrs per day displayed to easily identify the OOO event. The following actions are also taken:
1) Any calculated assigned hours/allocated hours from tasks that include the event date will be pushed to the other days: Ex. allocated 3 hrs: 3 day task>>original will show 1 hr on each day of the assignment. If Day 2 becomes an OOO event. day 1 and Day 3 will now display 1.5 hrs and Day 2 will display 0 for the assignment.
2) Any allocated hours which cannot be moved, the OOO event day will display the assignment hours hours, in addition to the min hours per day. Ex. Min Hrs per day = 8. A 3hr assignment cannot be moved. the day will show in yellow with 11 displayed.
NOTE: An individuals OOO event has no affect on the schedules task plan dates. Only a company-wide Holiday event will affect the project schedule.