In order for the Project Manager/Traffic Manager to better understand the total workload of the team, Workamajig allows you to connect an individual's Microsoft365 Outlook into the Workamajig Calendar that will feed into the Traffic management area of Workamajig.
This method does not require any login information to work.
The Workamajig Calendar contains a default personal calendar. Do not use this one to link to your Outlook calendar. You must create a new calendar per the instructions below for this method to work.
NOTE: When creating a calendar in Workamajig to link your Outlook calendar, you must select Blockout Meetings for the calendar to affect Traffic/Resourcing information. This affects all meetings on the calendar. If you have meetings that should not do this, a different calendar would need to be linked to Workamajig so the setting can be left unselected.
1) From Outlook, click on the Gear icon in the top right corner>>View All Outlook Settings
2) Select Calendar>Shared Calendars>under Publish a Calendar
- select the appropriate Calendar
- select the appropriate permission
- Click Publish
3) Click on the "link" under ICS: >>Copy Link
4) Click Copy
5) From Workamajig> click on Workamajig>Everyone>Calendar
6) from the calendar: click on ...more>Display Options
7) Click +Create new personal calendar
8) From New calendar screen fill in the following:
- Calendar name
- Check Subscribe to a Calendar From URL
- Click into Subscription URL> Paste Link from Outlook
- Check Blockout Meetings
- Click Save
9) Click on the X icon in top right corner to close the panel and go back to the main calendar page
The connection to Outlook is now setup and you should see events from your Outlook calendar in the view.
NOTE: The subsequent syncs from Outlook are done according to timing from Microsoft, we have no control over this. But it appears to occur at least once per day.
If you need the calendar to refresh sooner:
a) click on ...more>Display options
b) click on the Outlook calendar
c) click Refresh Feed
The Blockout meetings settings will ensure that events on the Outlook calendar will be seen as a "blockout" on the Workamajig calendar, and thus visible in the Traffic Manager>Staff Schedule screen