Importing custom reports
Export view | Import view | Premade custom reports | Sharing custom reports | Resources
Workamajig has the ability to export a copy of your custom-made reports, which can then be used to import back into your instance, or others.
For example, if you have a test server or access to multiple instances, then exporting and importing custom reports is a great way to save time in recreating these reports. Especially if you have calculated columns.
- If you use custom fields as part of your custom report. Then you will need to be sure those custom fields are set up EXACTLY as they are from the instance you exported the report. If not, then the imported report will skip the missing CF_ references for compatibility but could generate errors when running the report.
- Do not use commas in the reports description field, as they do not work with the import function in this way.
From any custom report or view, you can export the report to save a copy of that report. This allows you to import it back in case the report gets deleted or modified. Or share it with others to import on another instance.
Open the custom report or view and then click on Edit.
Next go to More > Export View.
You should then be prompted to save this CSV file to your computer for safekeeping.
NOTE: Do not edit this file outside of Workamajig as this could cause the file to not import later.
If you have a custom report file already exported, then from the Import data screen you can choose View as the type of import. This will import either a custom report or view. Depending on the location of the source report.
Navigate to Menu > Admin / Manager > Import Data.
In the Type Of Import drop-down, choose View.
Next, click Select a file to import.
This will bring open your file finder/explorer. Locate and select your file. You will see the filename appear in grey text.
Then click Display File.
Ignore the columns that are displayed and click Import Selected.
Now go to the Report center or Views to locate the report.
From the Report Center, you can do a search by the name of the report.
If you don't see it in the Report Center, then you will want to check the Views from your toolbar to see if it appears here.
NOTE: It's up to the user to recall where this report was made. So if you cannot locate your report in the Report Center after importing it. It's most likely somewhere in the Views.
Premade custom reports
Here are some popular custom reports that you can download and import into your instance.
Project Recap Analysis - Project+Recap+Analysis.csv
- This is a project performance-based report to see how your projects did after completion. It tracks budget hours vs actual hours, along with baseline (or plan) dates vs actual completion dates.
Client billing by month - Client+Billings+by+Month.csv
- This report has hard-coded calculated columns for each month. Which shows the total invoice amount per client and month.
Client billing by month (pivot) - Client+Billings+by+Month+Pivot.csv
- This report is meant to be used in pivot mode. This can dynamically show the total invoice amount per client and month.
Time by week Mon-Sun - Time+By+Week+Mon-Sun.csv
- This report has hard-coded calculated columns for each day of the week. Then one row per employee in each week of their total actual hours worked.
NOTE: These custom reports are offered "As Is". There is no support if these reports do not work. They are examples for you to try.
Sharing custom reports
You can export your own custom reports and share them with your peers.
Feel free to join/use our Community forums and share with other Workamajig users what you have created.
Additionally, do you have a custom report that you think would be great to share with others and have it added to the Premade Custom Reports section above? If so, please send it to email@example.com for review.
Custom reports datasets: overview