As of 18.104.22.168 Feb release
When emailing AR Invoices to clients, they will now have the ability to print and pay invoices by credit card.
- You will need to be setup already with a Payflow Pro (PayPal) or Authorize.net account.
- This feature is currently in BETA. You can contact your Account manager to enable this feature and setup training once you agree to being Beta tester.
- When using multiple GL Companies - automatically uses invoice header GL Co. to process client receipts to each GL Company.
- Create GL Bank/holding Acct for credit card charge receipts - PayPal or Authorize.
- Optional: Create payment method 'credit card' System Setup>Billing Options>Payment Methods. This will default to receipts processed via client credit card.
- System Setup>Connections>Credit Cards>Client Billing - Drop-down menu: Payflow Pro or Authorize.Net.
- Client Details>Billing>Credit Card: Check to "Allow Credit Card Payments Online" to enabled; Enter client credit card info authorized / provided by client; or client can enter when receive and pay online and select whether or not to save.
- Email invoices to Client - to primary or ‘email invoices to’ for open invoices including credits to process refund. Client records enabled will receive a link to pay by credit card.
- Billing Today>Invoices to Print/Email: Email selected invoices.
- Billing dashboard ‘email aging’ invoices work the same as from Billing Today.
- Views>Client Invoices>Open invoices, select invoices to email, sends same as above.
- Email with link to pay via CC also has invoice as attachment to download.
- Client clicks email link to pay by CC.
- Client has option to edit ‘amount to pay’.
- Client has option to print invoice.
- Client processes the CC charge after any edits to amount to pay, etc.
- Credit Card charge linked to invoice appears in Workamajig and will use the default bank account setup to the Holding GL Account.
- Accounting Today: Charges appear in ‘unposted receipts’ to batch post.
Workamajig Setup And Use
1. System Setup>GL Settings>GL Accounts: Create GL Account for ‘holding’ credit card charge receipts from (PayPal or Authorize).
2. Optional: Create payment method 'credit card' System Setup>Billing Options>Payment Methods.
3. System Setup>Connections>Credit Cards>Client Billing: Dropdown menu to select Provider: Payflow Pro or Authorize.Net and enter credentials for account
Drop down menu to select Credit Card Receipt GL Account created in step 1.
4. Client record>Billing>Credit Card edit: Enable to Allow CC Payments Online; enter card info (or client can enter when paying); check billing address. If client enters CC or billing address info from the online link, it updates the WMJ client record automatically.
5. Billing Today>Invoices to Print/Email: Click Email Tab to selected invoices to email - clients enabled to allow CC payments, will receive a link to pay by credit card; clients not enabled receive standard invoice PDF.
Email received, screens and steps to process credit card to pay.
6. Client clicks email link to ‘pay via credit card’ -
Client screens opened from email link:
- Print invoice - records in WMJ daily feed.
- Enter/update credit card info with option to save - updates WMJ client record.
- Update Billing Address if needed - updates WMJ client record.
- Click ‘Pay other Amount’ to enter amount other than total; updates ‘Total to Pay’ amount; gives option to ‘Don’t Pay’ to reset.
- Click ‘Pay’ for any invoice to pay total; updates ‘Total to Pay’ tally (lower left); gives option to ‘Don’t Pay’ to reset.
- Click green ‘Submit Payment’ button to process CC - records in WMJ log, daily feed.
Update address or enter credit card information (each time or save to update WMJ record):
Pay other amount; Pay (total) or Print prior to processing:
Lower left shows ‘total to pay’ prior to processing; can use ‘Don’t Pay’ under amounts to reset;
Click ‘Submit Payment’ to process credit card - will remove invoice from view/screen.
Back To Workamajig User
7. Credit Card charge linked to invoice appears in Workamajig and will use the default bank setup to the Holding GL Account in system setup Credit Card connections.
8. Accounting Today: Auto approved; Click ‘Unposted Transactions and use drop down menu to select only Client CC receipts to batch post; deposit ID defaults to date client processed charge.