When emailing AR Invoices to clients, they now have the ability to print and pay invoices by credit card.
- You will need to be setup already with a Payflow Pro (PayPal) or Authorize.net account.
- When using multiple GL Companies - automatically uses invoice header GL Co. to process client receipts to each GL Company.
- Create GL Bank/holding Account for credit card charge receipts - PayPal/Payflow Pro or Authorize unless funds received in PayPal or Authorize flow directly to your bank account.
- Optional: Create payment method 'credit card' System Setup>Billing Options>Payment Methods. This will default to receipts processed via client credit card.
- System Setup>Connections>Credit Cards>Client Billing - Drop-down menu: Payflow Pro or Authorize.Net; select which GL Account - holding or bank - to use for processed charges/receipts.
- Client Details>Billing>Credit Card: Check to "Allow Credit Card Payments Online" to enabled; Enter client credit card info authorized / provided by client; or client can enter when receive and pay online and select whether or not to save. NOTE:
- Email invoices to Client - to primary or ‘email invoices to’ for open invoices including credits to process refund. Client records enabled will receive a link to pay by credit card.
- Billing Today>Invoices to Print/Email: Email selected invoices.
- Billing dashboard ‘email aging’ invoices work the same as from Billing Today.
- Views > Client Invoices > Open invoices, select invoices to email, sends same as above.
- Email with link to pay via CC also has invoice as attachment to download.
- NOTE: The email link currently expires after 5 days. You will need to re-email invoices or email a current invoice to create a new active link if it has expired.
- Client clicks email link to pay by CC.
- Client has option to edit ‘amount to pay’.
- Client has option to print invoice.
- Client processes the CC charge after any edits to amount to pay, etc.
- Credit Card charge linked to invoice appears in Workamajig and will use the default bank account setup to the Holding GL Account.
- Accounting Today: Charges appear in ‘unposted receipts’ to batch post.
Workamajig Setup And Use
1. System Setup > GL Settings > GL Accounts: Create GL Account for ‘holding’ credit card charge receipts from (PayPal or Authorize).
2. Optional: Create payment method 'credit card' System Setup > Billing Options > Payment Methods.
3. System Setup > Connections > Credit Cards > Client Billing: Dropdown menu to select Provider: Payflow Pro or Authorize.Net and enter credentials for account
Drop down menu to select Credit Card Receipt GL Account - either the 'holding account' created; or existing bank account.
4. Client record > Billing > Credit Card edit: Enable to Allow CC Payments Online; enter card info (or client can enter when paying); check billing address. If client enters CC or billing address info from the online link, it updates the Workamajig client record automatically.
- NOTE: If Parent/Child Client relationships are setup:
- If invoices are emailed to the Parent Contact, the link will show all invoices for all related clients set to allow credit card payments online - Parent and Child- and will be grouped and sorted to indicate which invoices are to which related client.
- If invoices are emailed to the Child Contact, the link will only show that Child Client's invoices.
5. Billing Today > Invoices to Print/Email: Click Email Tab to selected invoices to email - clients enabled to allow CC payments, will receive a link to pay by credit card; clients not enabled receive standard invoice PDF.
Email received, screens and steps to process credit card to pay.
- NOTE: Email link expires after 30 days and states expiration date. You will need to resend invoice(s) to create a new active link if link has expired.
6. Client clicks email link to ‘pay via credit card’ to open main screen for payment options.
Client screens opened from email link:
- Print invoice - records in Workamajig daily feed.
- Enter/update credit card info with option to save - updates Workamajig client record.
- Update Billing Address if needed - updates Workamajig client record.
- The link will automatically set invoice(s) from the link as 'Invoices to be Paid' with subtotal amount at the bottom of the list.
- Additional Open Invoices will be listed below the 'Invoices To Be Paid' section and allows the client to click ‘Pay' to add to the 'Invoices To Be Paid' list and amount.
- Option to 'Pay other Amount’ on any open invoice to enter an amount other than Open Amount; updates ‘Total to Pay’ amount;
- Click ‘Don’t Pay’ to remove the amount from 'Invoices To Pay' total.
- Click the green ‘Submit Payment’ button to process CC - records in WMJ log, daily feed.
Update address or enter credit card information (each time or save to update WMJ record):
Pay Other Amount Original Open Amount displayed. After submit payment, resets remaining Open Amount in 'Invoices To Pay.'
Back To Workamajig User
7. Credit Card charge linked to invoice appears in Workamajig Accounting Today>Unposted Transactions>Receipts and will use the default bank setup to the Holding GL Account in system setup Credit Card connections.
Click ‘Unposted Transactions and use drop down menu to select only Client CC receipts to batch post; deposit ID defaults to date client processed charge.
Manually Process Card
Alternatively you can create the Receipt for the amount to charge, applying it to their Client Invoices. Then from the newly made Receipt, click More > Credit Card.
This will bring up a new screen to fill in and/or verify the clients credit card details.
When ready, press Process Card.
If using Authorize.net for the first time, be sure to check out their guide for additional setup.