It is possible to pre-bill the client for a purchase once the PO is created and has been approved.
The entire order or each order line can be prebilled via:
1. Your normal billing process: the order line transactions will be available for billing via the Transaction screen, Mass billing, or Billing worksheets
2. Via the order: upon approval, a new tab/button will be available to Prebill the order.
To be able to pre-bill a PO one has to
- have the security right to 'create new client invoices'
- have a project number on the header of the PO
- have a client assigned to the project that appears on the header of the order.
When an order is pre-billed, either the entire order can be pre-billed (if no line items were previously pre-billed) or a specific line item can be pre-billed. Once the pre-bill action is selected, it takes the user to the invoice that was just created. Once you pre-bill an order, the system will not let you modify it.
Pre-billing a line is very similar to pre-billing the entire order except that it is only done for one line. The system will use the project number on the line to determine the client. From there, the invoice is created based on the defaults from the client. Once you have pre-billed the line, you cannot modify it.