Workamajig uses security groups to control what employees and contacts can do within the system and provides access control to reports/views. Each user who logs into the system MUST be assigned to a security group. As you add or take away rights from a security group, the access changes will be seen by the assigned users.
NOTE: On the employee record, a staff member can be designated as a system administrator. This provides the "administrator" with full access to the system and overrides the assigned security group settings. However, reports/views access is still controlled by the assigned security group.
The security groups are set up under two tabs:
Full user rights: the settings affect employees and contacts with 'free user' unchecked.
Client rights: settings affect contact with 'free user' checked.
NOTE: For freelancers, you may set up rights under both tabs to account for times when they will be using the system as a full user or a free user. From the contact record, toggling the free user box on/off will define which set of security rights are being used.
Create a new security group
Workamajig comes with a set of predefined security groups based on typical roles performed at an agency. We understand that your agency may have roles that need more/less access than the defaults. Simply select a group that best fits the role you need, create a copy of that group's settings, and adjust the new group to fit the needs of your staff.
- From Menu > Admin/manager > System setup > Account information > Security setting
- Select Security group to copy
- click the Copy security group icon
- This will create a new security group, "OriginalName"(copy)
- Click on the new security group to edit the name and make adjustments
NOTE: adjustments made under the Edit screen will need to be saved
- Select the tab Full user rights / Client rights and check/uncheck the appropriate security rights.
The screen will auto-save.
- Refresh the browser tab and go to the employee/contact record to reset the security group.
The employee/contact will need to refresh their browser tab for new settings to take effect.
Assigning security group to users
The security group is assigned to the user via the employee or contact record. A user may only belong to one security group. A User MUST be assigned to a security group. To assign a user to a security group:
- Employee: Menu > Admin/manager > Employees >select Employee record > Security controls: select Security group from the drop-down menu.
- Contact: Menu > Salesperson > Contacts >select Contact record >...more > Contact settings > Security controls > select the Security group from the drop-down menu.
If no rights are checked
When a security group is created, and no boxes are checked, the user be able to log in. However, the default page shown will be blank, and no navigation is available.