Workamajig uses security groups to control what people can do within the system. Each user who logs into the system must be assigned to a security group. If a person is not assigned a security group, they will not be able to use any of the functions within the system. A person designated as an Administrator in the system will have global rights in the system. However, they also must belong to a security group for reporting purposes. As you take rights away from a security group, the assigned users will see fewer options in the drop down menus and side navigational menus.
The list of security options contains the normal options for full users within the system as well as security rights for client and vendor login. The security rights for clients appear at the bottom of the list.
Each security group can also have different types of default Desktop assigned to it. When you create a custom dashboard, you can control who can see that dashboard based on the security groups that are assigned to it.
To add a new security group
The preferred method of creating a new group is to copy from one of the defaults. The default groups have existing links to reports and search listings.
- From Menu > Admin > System Setup > Account Information > Security Setting.
- To add a new security group, select a security group that best matches the one you want to and, then click the button.
- In the Group Name text box replace the "COPY OF xxxxx" with the name you wish to give the security group.
- Select or deselect the options that you would like the security group to have available.
- Click the Save button.
You will now Logout/In and go to the employee record to add them to the new security group. After you save their employee record, the staff member will need to logout/in to see the changes.
Assigning Security Group to Users
The Security Group is assigned to the user via their employee or contact record. A User may only belong to one security group. A User MUST be assigned to a Security Group. To assign a User to a security group:
- For Staff: Menu>Admin> Employees>select Employee record>Login Info tab: select the Security Group from the drop-down menu.
- For Clients/Vendors/Freelancers: Menu>Sales>Contacts>select Contact record:Settings>select Login Settings>select the Security Group from the drop-down menu.
If no Rights are checked
If you create a new security group setting and nothing is enabled (or you uncheck all rights), no boxes checked, the users can still do the following:
- Log into Workamajig
- Access Menu > Recent
- Access Menu > Projects
- View listing of All Projects where they are listed on the Team:
- Access to these projects is limited to the Project Central screen only.
- Access Menu > Reports
- No specific reports will be available to them, but they can see the Reports menu
- Access Menu > Approvals
- Can approve items sent to them for approval
- Access Menu > My Settings button
- Can see My Info | My Skills | Labor Budgets | Read System Messages
- Access Menu > Speed Bar > Configure Speedbar
- Main Menu Items: Pending Approvals, My Settings
- Projects: listing icon only
- Reports: Report Center (no Report Areas shown)