Most users will have an internal approver process for Estimates, and leave the client facing side of this process be from the PDF they send in the previous step (Printing/Emailing Estimates).
- When a new Estimate is created, the Internal Approver defaults to the Account Manager of said project.
- If the approver is another user, then a Submit button will appear instead of an Approve button.
Send For Approval
- If Sent for Approval, the estimate will appear in the My Items to Approve widget and Pending Approvals screen.
- When reviewing, you can add an Approver Comment that can be seen in the Settings of the estimate, and used in customized reports to show this data.
Once approved, the Estimate's financial details cannot be edited, this estimate will now become (or be included into) the Budget.
Additionally, you can populate the Signature Font in the employee record of the one who approved the estimate. This will create a stylized name appear in the approved section of the PDF.
If you want to Include the client in the approval process in Workamajig, you can add the Contact to the External Approver field.
NOTE: You can skip this process if you are simply going to email the printed PDF to the client for review, and you follow-up with them personally.
- The estimate still needs to be approved internally before being sent to the External Approver.
- Once the estimate is approved internally, it is then automatically emailed to the contact listed in the External Approver field.
- You can see the status change next to the approver names. For example: Approved "Internal", Sent for Approval "External".
Example Email Sent To External Approver
External Approver Review
The contact can Review and Make a Decision Only, so long as there is an email address in their contacts record. They will have no access the system otherwise.
Any comments added will be visible in the estimate Settings, and customized reports show this data.
Once approved both internally and externally, this estimate will now become (or be included into) the Budget.