- From Menu > Accounting > Journal Entries >
- Journal Number: This will be auto-filled by the system
- Posting Date: Enter the date you want the Journal Entry to Post to the General Ledger.
- Description:Enter a description for the Journal Entry
- From Detail tab, click on the to add a row to the grid
- Account column: enter an account number or name. You can hit the space bar to see a list of all accounts.
- Debit/Credit: Enter a $ amount.
- NOTE: The total debits and credits must equal 0 to post to the General Ledger.
- Memo: Enter text connected to the Line Item.
- Click Save
- Click POST to commit the Journal Entry to the General Ledger.
Auto Reversing: When checked, the system will auto-generate a reversing entry on the first day of the following month. The entry will be numbered with the source journal entry number + - REV. Ex. JE100>>JE100-REV
Exclude From Cash Basis: when check, will exclude the entire entry from the Cash Basis balances/reporting
Exclude From Accrual Basis: when checked, will exclude the entire entry from the Accrual Basis balances/reporting
Copy A Journal Entry
You may copy a journal entry at any time. Go to the journal entry you want to copy and press the copy button along the top right corner of the screen. The system will create>display the copied journal entry. The system will assign the next available JE number and copy all detail entries. You are able to edit the new entry prior to posting.
Recurring/Scheduled Journal Entries
Journal Entries can be made for bank transfers or asset depreciation, for example. Setting up recurring journal entries would allow Workamajig to automatically create these journal entries in the system.
Once a Journal Entry has been created, you are able to setup a schedule to create a copy of the Journal Entry at a designated time interval and for a set number of times. In order to keep the integrity of your Journal Entry ordering numbers, the actual transaction will not be created until the designated time, and will use the next available number in the system. The copied transaction will allow you to edit the amounts. It will also contain the connection to the source Journal Entry. Each new entry must be posted to affect the GL.
- From the Saved Journal Entry, click on Schedule in the upper right corner of the screen to bring up the Recurring Transaction screen
- Source Transaction: displays the source the series of journal entries came from. Click on the title to go directly to the source entry.
- Frequency: select the frequency you want a new Journal Entry to be created (None, Daily, Weekly, etc.).
- Next Date: select the date you want the recurrence to continue from. Default equals today's date
- Days in Advance: enter how many days prior to the "Posting Date" do you want the recurring Journal entry to be created. Default equals 0
- Number Remaining: enter the number of times you want the recurrence to run. As each Journal Entry is created, this number will be reduced by one. Default equals 99,999.
- Reminder Option: select from the dropdown list how you want to be notified
- No Reminder: The new entry is created and no reminder is sent
- Show Reminder: based upon the Days in Advance, upon login to Workamajig a message will dropdown asking you to create the new Journal Entry or cancel. As this can be sent to multiple people, the first person to create or cancel will be accepted by the system.
- Automatically Create: based upon the Days in Advance, the new Journal Entry will be created and a notification will go out to selected individuals.
- SAVE: click Save commit the recurrence to the system.
- GENERATE: overrides the recurrence settings to create a new Journal Entry. The entry will be created based upon the Frequency and Next Date. Each time you click Generate it will create the next transaction in line and the Number Remaining will be reduced by 1.
- POST: Individual Journal Entries can be posted or you can Post all transactions via Accounting>Post Transactions
NOTE: The Source Journal Entry will display a section that show the details of each recurring entry. Double-click on the desired recurrence to open that specific Journal Entry in a new window.