Menu > Admin/Manager > System Setup > Account Information > Connections > Credit Cards > Client Billing
Also see Client Invoices: Pay By Credit Card on how this process works now for clients to pay online.
The credit card processing screen allows you to setup the information needed to start processing credit cards through Workamajig.
The only option compatible with this feature currently is PayPal's Merchant Services. You will need to setup a PayPal Merchant account.
NOTE: Any fees associated setup and use of a PayPal merchant account are the responsibility of your company and not Workamajig. Workamajig is only providing the UI needed to track the transactions that will be processed by PayPal. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact your Workamajig Account Manager.
Go to: Menu > Admin/Manager > System Setup > Account Information>Connections > Credit Cards > Client Billing
- From the Email Protocol drop down, select Payflow Pro.
- In the Partner ID text box, enter PayPal.
NOTE: PayPal is the only option currently available.
- In the Login ID text box, enter your PayPal User ID.
- In the Password text box, enter you PayPal Password.
- Click the Save button.
Go to the client record you want to setup: Menu > Billing > Clients > (open client record) > Billing > Credit Card.
Click on the pencil icon next to Credit Card.
Enter the appropriate credit card information that you received for your client > SAVE
NOTE: Upon Save the credit card number will be encrypted and displayed as hashmarks. This is a requirement when storing credit cards in a web based system. Which means the credit card number cannot be retrieved or reported on after this point. So if you need to retain the number, please keep your own internal spreadsheet of this data.
Charge/Bill The Clients Credit Card
Before you can charge the clients credit card, you will need to have a Client Receipt in the system to process.
Menu > Billing > Today-Billing > + at top of screen > Receipt
- create Receipt as usual. For the Reference Number, use a standard numbering system. In this case, "CC DATE", ex. CC 082818. By using a standard system, it will make it easier to report and find the credit card processed receipts. For Payment Method: select CC or Credit Card.
- Click SAVE. The screen will refresh to the Receipt screen
- click on ...more > CREDIT CARD
- Confirm the fields and click Process Card at top of screen.
- Authorization Code: This field will be populated by PayFlow following the processing of the charge. You may share this code with your client.