Create the Quote | Edit the Quote | Sending the Quote to your vendors | Monitor and update replies | Update the estimate with the selected reply | Viewing the updated estimate | Link Expiration | Next Steps
This guide will show you the process of creating > sending > reviewing > updating quotes from your Estimates.
While you can create quotes outside of Estimates, this breaks away from the designed process of having quotes tied to an estimate as a defined project related cost and eventual transaction to bill.
Create the Quote
The Estimate CANNOT be in the Approved state to do this.
1. Add an Expense line to your Estimate by choosing an Item, Task, or Quantity. You can add a Unit Cost to show a ballpark number you are expecting for comparison.
NOTE: The Vendor field is intentionally left blank since we will update this from the vendor we choose in the Quote process.
2. Click Create Quote in the Line Details to create a quote just for this one line. If you have multiple lines, you can click Create Quote at the top of the Estimate which brings up a screen to choose from any or all lines to generate the Quote(s).
3. The quote will then be linked in the line details for reference and access to the quote.
NOTE: If you delete the quote, the Create Quote button will reappear.
4. If all quotes have been created from the Estimate, you can now approve the Estimate as is, but the lines can get updated from the vendor responses. This is why it's good to have a ballpark figure in the estimate to begin with.
Edit the Quote
You can open the quote from the estimate, or from Menu > Purchasing > Quotes.
1. Review the Quote Info section.
Here you can add additional information for your vendors to review, such as, Due Date, Description, and even attach Spec Sheets that are on the project.
2. Review the Line Items section.
If you have multiple lines, then you can add comments that are unique to each line.
3. Review the Vendors section.
Here is where you add the vendors. Click the binoculars to search your Vendors list, and choose a contact if desired. Save. Then, repeat this process for each vendor you want to send this quote to.
Sending the Quote to your vendors
To move the quote forward in the system, you MUST click Send for Quote. However, you may or may not want the system to email the contact directly, so you have two options to choose here.
To have Workamajig send an email with a URL to the update the quote online:
1. Ensure the email address appears next to each vendor and contact.
2. Click Send for Quote.
3. The system will email your vendors immediately, and move the quote forward in the system, for your vendors to update their replies online.
To send the quote as an attachment from your personal email:
1. Ensure there is no email address listed for each vendor.
2. Click the Print button next to each vendor. DO NOT click Print Quote at the top, as this will print all the vendors quotes in one PDF.
3. Save each PDF to a location you can access easily for the next step, and even rename the PDF to something more related to this process.
4. In your personal email, attach the PDF(s) to an email you send to your vendor(s).
5. Click Send for Quote.
6. This will move the quote forward in the system to await manual replies.
Monitor and update replies
Depending on if you had Workamajig email the vendor(s), or if you used your personal email, there are the two ways of monitoring and updating these replies.
NOTE: The Vendors tab becomes the Replies tab once the quote has been sent.
From here you can monitor the replies, and see if the Quote Total has a number. If it is $0, then no response has been submitted by the vendor(s) yet.
You can manually update a reply (even after a vendor submits their response) if you are in contact with the vendor outside of Workamajig. Such as your personal email, or phone call.
1. Click on the Edit (pencil) icon next to the desired vendor to then update their reply.
2. Add a unit cost, which will then calculate the Total Cost based on the previously entered Quantity.
3. When done, click Complete Reply.
Here is an example of a Completed Reply.
Notice how the Update Estimate button is all that remains.
Update the estimate with the selected reply
Reviewing the completed replies, it's now up to you to choose which vendor to move forward with.
1. Click on the Edit (pencil) icon of the vendor you choose.
2. Click Update Estimate.
3. It will now show the status of (Updated Estimate).
4. This will now be the cost associated with that line on the estimate.
Viewing the updated estimate
If you go back to the estimate for which this quote was generated from, you can now view the final results.
Notice that the Unit Cost and Vendor fields have been populated from the selected reply.
The email link will expire 1 day after the Due Date on the RFQ. If the Due Date is left blank, then it will look at the Transaction Preferences > Daily Emails > Outgoing Email Link Expiration (days), for the days to expire.