Types Of Client Invoices
- These can be created manually by Adding a New Client Invoice, or generated based on your client setup and billing process such as Billing Worksheets, Mass Billing or from the individual projects Billing screen.
- You can apply Advance Billing invoices and Credits to a Standard Invoice to reduce the open amount due on the invoice.
- This type of invoice is the same as a normal invoice, but can be applied to other invoices, it's main purpose is to reduce the amount open on future invoices. You would use this type of invoice when pre-billing a client for work to be performed. You may pre-bill for 25% of the estimated project budget.
- This type of invoice is similar to a standard invoice, except the lines entered will have a negative amount. This invoice is then applied to another invoice to reduce the AR amount of the standard invoice.
Ways To Use Client Invoices
Printing and Emailing Invoices
- Based on how you generate an invoice, this then determines the level of detail by which you can print the invoice from the client to see.
- These PDF printouts can be Emailed as well.
Void a Client Invoice
- For when an invoice is generated incorrectly, yet you do not want to delete the record.
NOTE: You cannot "Void" an Advance Bill Invoice.
Write Off a Client Invoice
- For when an invoice will not be paid, either in part of in full.
- This will create a credit memo invoice and apply it against the "Open Amount" on the original invoice.
Creating a Credit Memo
- While you can manually create credit memo invoices manually, this process relates more to the Advance Bill invoices.
- This converts the "Unapplied Amount" of the Advance Bill Invoice to be a credit memo so it can be printed and sent to the client to use against future client invoices.
Close a Client Invoice
- If you want to use up the rest of the "Unapplied Amount" of the advance bill. This will create a revenue invoice defaulting the sales account from GL Tracking Option and automatically apply the advance bill against it.
- For when payment was received prior to the invoice being generated.
- You can also schedule invoices to recur, this is useful if the same invoice needs to be created on a regular basis.
NOTE: Tax is applied per invoice line. So if you want to tax Item A and not Item B, then the transactions/services/items need to be on separate lines.
Reporting On Client Invoices
Client Invoice views
This screen can be customized to show you Header level data of client invoices.
Client Invoice Data custom report
This report can be customized to show Header and Line level of data for client invoices.
Client Statement standard report
The client statement will show a list of invoices and receipts made for a designated timeframe. The statement is created via Menu>Reports>AR Reports>Client Statements.
You MUST select an Invoice Layout prior to creating the PDF file. The Invoice Layout will provide the Header information, including the Company Logo for the statement printout. You may want to create an Invoice Templates specifically for statements, so the word "Statement" will print out, as opposed to "Invoice".