From the Today accounting page, look for Scheduled transactions under Items needing attention.
NOTE: You'll need to be on the 'people to remind' list to see this appear.
This guide is here to explain how to create & manage recurring 'scheduled transactions' in Workamajig. This specifically applies to client invoices, vendor invoices, receipts, payments, and journal entries.
Create a new scheduled transaction
A scheduled/recurring transaction can be created for a client invoice, vendor invoice, receipt, payment, or journal entry. You first need to create the original transaction in the system. From there, you can click on More > Create schedule.
This will then take you to a new screen called Transaction settings.
From here, you can Generate a new copy of this transaction immediately, change the Source transaction or adjust its Settings.
View an existing scheduled transaction
From a transaction itself that is part of the recurring scheduled transaction, click on More > View the schedule.
You can access all your scheduled transactions from the Views section of the Today accounting page.
Clicking the + edit icon next to Settings will take you to another with more options to adjust.
- Frequency - How often (i.e. daily, meekly, monthly) should this recurrence be automatically generated.
- Next date - The date that the next automatic transaction is scheduled for. This populates the date fields on the transaction.
- Reminder option - This is to determine which users can see these transactions appear in the Scheduled transactions from the Today accounting page based on the People to remind.
- Number remaining - Determines how many can be occurrences will be created. For example, if you want an invoice automatically generated once a month for a year, then you set the 'frequency' to 'monthly' and the 'number remaining' to 11 if you manually created the first transaction.
- Remind days in advance - How many days before the 'next date' should the transaction be automatically generated.
- Create as approved - Besides having the transaction automatically generated, this setting can make it so they are also automatically approved.
- Active - Determines if the recurrence is active. For example, if unchecked, then regardless of how many the 'number remaining' is, no transactions will be made from this recurrence.
- Description - Open the input text field to populate with info that helps you know what this recurrence is all about.
Generating the transaction
From Scheduled transactions on the Today accounting page, you can view the list of transactions ready to be generated based on what you set up in the reminder options.