From the Today Accounting page, look for Scheduled Transactions
This guide is here to explain how to create and manage Recurring transaction in Workamajig. This specifically applies to Client Invoices, Vendor Invoices, Receipts, Payments and Journal Entries.
Create a scheduled/recurring transaction
A scheduled/recurring transaction can be created for a Client Invoice, Vendor Invoice, Receipt, Payment or Journal Entry. You will first create the "Master" transaction in the system. This transaction is usually manually created via the appropriate method for that transaction type. Once you have created and saved the "master" transaction a button in the upper right corner will appear in the top right corner called Schedule.
This will then take you to a new screen to set this up as a Recurring Transaction.
Clicking Schedule will take you to a new screen where you can setup the recurrence of this transaction:
- Generate - This will immediately create a new transaction based on the setup of the recurrence.
- Source Transaction - This is the current record that is the template for the next recurring invoice to be based on. You can open the record to change it, or choose a different record to the be the source.
- Frequency - How often (i.e. daily, meekly, monthly) should this recurrence be automatically generated.
- Next Date - The date that the next automatic transaction is scheduled for. This populates the date fields on the transaction.
- Days In Advance - How many days in advance of the Next date should the transaction be automatically generated.
- Number Remaining - Determines how many can be occurrences will be created. For example, if you want an invoice automatically generated once a month for a year, then you set the frequency to monthly and the Number Remaining to 11 if you have already created the first transaction manually.
- Reminder Option - This is to determine which users can see these transactions appear in the Scheduled Transactions Widget. This also determines if the transaction is automatically generated for someone to then approve it, or if they get notified via the widget to generate the transaction first.
- Create As Approved - In addition to having the transaction automatically generated, this setting can make it so they are automatically approved as well.
- Active - Determines if the recurrence is active. For example if unchecked, then regardless of how many the Number Remaining is, no transactions will be made from this recurrence.
Setup who gets notified
Using the Reminder Option you have the following choices:
- None - No reminder of any type.
- Show Reminder - Determines which user(s) can see the transaction appear in the Scheduled Transactions Widget.
- Automatically Generate - Determines if the transaction is automatically generated, which then sends the selected users an email that the transaction was generated.
Generating the transaction
From the Scheduled Transactions widget, you can view the list of transactions ready to be generated based on what you have been setup in he Reminder Options.
Use the Checkboxes to select the transaction(s) to generate, then click on the lightning bolt icon to Generate the transaction(s).
Manage all recurring transactions
To see ALL recurring transactions that are currently setup in the system, go to Menu > Admin > System Setup > GL Settings > Recurring Transactions.
To delete a recurring transaction, double click into the transaction from the list, on the top left hand side will have a delete button.