Void a client invoice [in-depth guide]
The Void button on a client invoice is used by agencies that want to retain tracking of client invoices that have been incorrectly generated.
- This is not to be confused with a write-off of a standard client invoice or the create credit of an advance bill invoice. The voiding of a client invoice will create a void invoice consisting of exact negative entries that of the original invoice.
- Also, the transactions contained within the original invoice lines designated with 'use trans' will be returned to the 'billable' status within their respective projects.
- Void an advance bill invoice: To close an advance bill invoice, please refer to the Close advance bill section of the Advance bill invoices [in-depth guide].
- Due to cost accrual tracking, invoices that contain prebilled orders (insertion order, broadcast order, purchase order) are not allowed to be voided.
- If a client invoice has been paid (no open AR amount) by the client, it cannot be voided.
Create a void
1. From the Edit invoice screen, click ...More > VOID
- The system will auto-generate the void invoice.
The invoice number will consist of the original invoice number with VOID appended to the end. Ex. "INV-123 VOID".
2. Approve & post the void invoice.