The Void button on a client invoice is used by agencies that want to retain tracking of client invoices that have been incorrectly generated.
- This is not to be confused with a Write Off of a Standard Client invoice or the Create Credit of an Advance Bill Invoice. The voiding of a client invoice will create a Void Invoice consisting of exact negative entries that of the original invoice.
- Also the Transactions contained within the original invoice lines designated with "Use Trans" will be returned to the "Billable" status within their respective projects.
- Void an Advance Bill Invoice: To close an Advance Bill invoice, please refer to the Close Advance Bill section of the Advance Bill Invoices guide.
- Due to cost accrual tracking, invoices that contain Prebilled Orders (Insertion Order, Broadcast Order, Purchase Order) are not allowed to be voided.
- If a client invoice has been paid (no open AR amount) by the client, it cannot be voided.
Create a Void
1. From the Edit Invoice screen, click ...more > VOID
- The system will auto-generate the Void invoice.
The Invoice Number will consist of the original invoice number with VOID appended to the end. Ex. "INV-123 VOID".
2. Approve and Post the Void Invoice.