Workamajig provides a variety of ways for the payment of vendor invoices or tracking unique payments to the vendor. It is important that vendor invoices are "paid" with a payment or a credit memo to keep the financial tracking within the system clear and correct.
This section will provide workflows for performing the following functions within Workamajig:
How do I manually create a payment?
How do I select vendor invoices to pay?
How do I print vendor payments/checks?
How do I create an ACH file to upload to my bank?
How do I track ACH payments that are auto-withdrawn from my account?
How do I setup CSI vCard?
How do I setup AMEX vPayment?
Vendor Payments allow you to track how much you actually pay vendors and print checks directly from Workamajig. Payments will usually be created using Menu > Purchasing > Today Purchasing > Select Invoices For Payment screen. However, they can also be entered manually via Today Purchasing > + > New Payment.
- Manual Payments can be associated with Vendor Invoices, directly against expense accounts if there is no vendor invoice, or left unapplied for future association with a vendor invoice.
- Recurring Checks/ACH payments can be scheduled to be auto-generated using the Schedule Transaction feature.
- For ACH transactions you can enter the transaction number in the Check Number field to record this.
A typical AP Payment workflow would consist of the following:
1) Select Invoices For Payment: selection process based upon Due Date or other factors
2) Create Payments
4) Print Checks
To see and report on all Payments in the system go to Menu > Purchasing > Today Purchasing > Views > Payments. Or from Global Search > Views > Purchasing > Payments.
I am unable to edit a payment
- There are a number of reasons a payment cannot be edited...
- You do you have the right to edit approved transactions: this is a security right under the Accounting section: Edit Transactions after approval. Talk to your Workamajig Administrator to decide if you should have these rights.
- Has the payment been Posted: for any transactions, the payment needs to be unposted. For text fields, you do not need to un-post, these can be edited without un-posting.
- Has the payment been cleared in an Account reconciliation: if the payment has been cleared, you must Open the reconcile. Once open the payment can be unposted.
- Has the payment been voided: if the payment is voided, you must delete the void in order to edit the payment. After editing, you can then void the payment again. Ensure the posting date of the original VOID is entered to maintain GL integrity.
I need to edit/delete an order but there is a vendor invoice and payment/voided payment associated with the voucher
- Workamajig locks down transactions as they move forward in the system. In order to edit the invoice, you need to detach the transactions that occurred afterward.
- Here are the steps needed so you can edit the transaction:
- Once the order has been edited, you will be able to go back up the ladder to and Finalize the Account Reconcile.
- Open the Account Reconcile associated with the payment: This releases the Void.
- Open the Void>Unpost>Delete: This will release the Payment.
- Open the Payment>Unpost>delete the payment or delete the line associated with vendor invoice>Save: This will release the Vendor Invoice.
- Open the Vendor Invoice>Unpost>delete the invoice or delete the line associated with the Order>Save: This will release the Order.
- Edit the Order.