Campaign Billing Settings
From the Campaign's Settings, you are choose how the this campaign will be Billed.
This determines how you want the system to handle the billing aspect of the projects within the campaign.
- Project - When you choose Project, then you can bill from each project individually. This also mass bills each project individually, creates billing worksheets for each project and thus creates an invoice for each individual project as an end result.
- Campaign - When you choose Campaign, then the system will want to create a single invoice as the end result via a Master Billing Worksheet, or when mass billing the projects of the campaign. Yet, in the case of Billing Worksheets, the system will still create a worksheet for each project to be reviewed separately as part of the Master.
One Line Per
This determines how the invoice line details are created when billing the campaign. But how the invoice prints is determined by the Invoice Templates.
NOTE: If you use taxes on some items, but not all, then you will want to create separate lines for each Service/Item. For more on this please refer to the Sales Tax Rates guide.
- Project - Creates one line per Project in the invoices line details.
- Billing Item and Item - Creates one line per Billing Item (used across all projects) and then a sub line per Service/Item.
- Project, Billing Item and Item - Creates one line per Project, then a sub line per Billing Item, and then another sub line per Service/Item.
- Project and Task - Creates one line per Project and then a sub line per Task.
Bill By Campaign
This allows you to create a Fixed-Fee (Advance or Revenue) invoice based upon the Campaign Budget using the Bill section from the campaign. When using Billing Worksheets, this will create a single Master worksheet for the Campaign and individual worksheets for each project.
NOTE: If you do not see the Bill section, then check to see if this is a Campaign Opportunity. And if so, once you Make Campaign Live, then the Bill section should appear.
From the Bill section, you can quickly create an Advance Bill invoice based on the Campaigns total budget.
Then utilize other billing processes, such as Billing Worksheets to recognize the actuals as revenue from the Advance.
Bill By Project
Billing will be based upon the individual projects. If using Billing Worksheets, the settings on the Client record will then determine how the worksheet(s) and invoice(s) are generated.
See the Client Setup guide for more info.