Menu > Admin > System Setup > GL Settings > Check Formats
Check formats allow you to customize the layout fonts and style of your 3-part payment checks.
Workamajig has set up the three typical styles of Check-Stub-Stub; Stub-Check-Stub; Stub-Stub-Check, for you. You will need to select the correct layout that corresponds to your check stock. If you are using something other than 3-part check stock, please consult with your Workamajig Account Manager.
Add a Check Format
- Select one of the pre-set formats or click the icon to add a new check format.
- In the Format Name text box, enter a descriptive name for this check format.
- In the Font Drop down box, select the Font that you would like used when printing this check format.
- In the Font Size text box, select the size font you would like used when printing.
- Misc Options allows you to set the Payment Date Format. For Canadian users, please check the Show Date Format box to have DD/MM/YYYY print under the date.
- Check Options: allows you to adjust the location for specific fields to print. In each preset, the entries are based upon typical QuickBooks check stock. We suggest you make a photocopy of the check stock for test printing purposes. Make minor adjustments, to begin with.
NOTE: All measurements are based upon distance from the top left corner.
- Stub Options: allows you to adjust where each stub section begins and the location of the grid.
- Stub Columns: allows you to set the information provided in the stub.
- Electronic Signature: allows you to add a signature jpg that will be added to the signature line of the check. You may also require that a password be used before an Electronic Signature can be added to the printed check.
Add an Electronic Signature
- Create a jpg of the required signature.
- Click on Add Signature to add the signature file to the system
- Enter in the location of the signature line on your check stock
- Enter an optional signature password.
Testing Your Format
To confirm the settings on of your check layout:
- Verify your printer settings. For the initial setup of printing checks, we highly recommend you turn off Auto Sizing / Scaling is off and that is prints the full page and not reduced in some way. This will help with the consistency of printing checks.
- Make a photocopy of your check stock.
- In Workamajig, create a Payment via Menu>Purchasing>Payments. Select the appropriate layout.
- Follow the Print Check Procedure.
- Close the Print Check Confirmation screen. DO NOT Confirm printing. However, if you did, simply go to the payment screen and remove the check number from your test check.
- Adjust your Check Layout, if needed.
- Repeat Step 3-5, until the layout fits your check stock.
- Delete test check
- Security Group: Purchasing>Edit Electronic Signature on Checks - this setting allows the user via Admin>System setup to edit the Electronic signature contained on the check format.
- Bank GL Account- On the account designated BANK, you will be able to assign a Default Check Format and Next Check Number - The check format will be used whenever the bank account is selected for use on a payment. Next Check Number should be set here, on the GL Account, rather than during the Print Check process to prevent errors or gaps in your check numbering.