If using the Revenue Forecast feature, also refer to the Setup For Revenue Forecasts guide.
Admin > System Setup > Global Lists > Project Status Codes
Project status codes are used to determine the production status of the project. While each project can have a unique schedule and set of tasks that need to be completed on the project, most projects move through a similar overall flow through the business.
Project Status Codes determine whether a project is considered active, allow time entries, and allow expense entries. Each project status code allows you to set 5 key parameters.
Project is considered Active in the system. It will be visible on the My Task Widget and Active Projects widget. This can also be used as a filter in the Reports and Project listing screen.
Allow Time Entries
Allows people to create time entries against the Project. Security settings, task % complete and staff assignments will determine the ability to enter time on the individual level.
Allow Expense Entries
Allows people to create Purchase Orders, Media Orders, Vendor Invoices, Expense Reports, and Misc Cost against the Project. Security Settings will determine the ability to enter these transactions on the individual level.
If selected, the status will not allow a change to a different status unless you have the security right: Change Project in A Locked Status
If selected, the status will prevent all allocated hours from being counted towards availability in the Traffic: Staff Schedule screen. The hours will continue to be allocated and assigned via the Project: Task. This setting is typically used in conjunction with Active=unchecked, Allow Time Entries=unchecked, Lock Status=checked.
Add A Project Status Code
Although you can have as many status codes as you want, remember that it takes a manual selection to move it from one status to another. We recommend that you try to keep this list down to 4-6 status codes, if possible.
- To add a new project status code, click the icon.
- In the Status ID text box, enter a unique ID for this project status code.
- In the Name text box, enter a descriptive name for this project status code.
- In the Display Order text box, enter a number to define where this project status should appear in the overall list of status codes. The display order may help you to create an overall timeline for the project as it progresses through the agency.
- Set Key Options:
- Select the Active checkbox for this project status code if you wish all projects tied to this code to be considered active.
- Select the Allow Time Entries check box if you want people to be able to enter time against the project when it is in this status.
- Select the Allow Expense Entries check box if you want people to be able to enter expenses against the project when it is in this status.
- Select the Lock Status check box to control who can change the status of the project. When the status is Locked, only people with the proper security rights can change the project from this status.
- Click the On Hold checkbox to set the project in an On Hold status.
- Click the Save button.